Chapter 1

I've always enjoyed being alone.

Alone, but surrounded by people and possibilities.
Sure, it's dangerous for a girl at night, but I'm past giving a sh*t at this point. If I die because I left my apartment after the sun has set, so be it.

Aside from looking mysterious, there is actually something calming to drinking an old fashioned "alone" in a not-so-crowded bar.
In fact, I could enjoy it even more if that creepy dude in the corner would stop staring at me.

Typical.

Let me set the scene for you.
I just got out of a two year relationship, the reason being he wasn't a metalhead.
I'm kidding,there were valid reasons.
Anyway, im currently sitting at the bar I frequent, Metal Machine, because like most people I have mental issues (or metal issues heheh) and the closest thing to therapy I can afford is metal and whiskey.
It's a Thursday night so it's mostly empty, aside from a few regulars and the creepy dude.
Who is this guy anyway?

Discretely peering at him I noticed dude has long black hair (probably takes him two hours to straighten everyday), is wearing a floor-length black coat (probably owns 8 swords and a limited edition manga collection) and also has a lip and an eyebrow piercing.

Yeah, definitely a black metal guy.

Weird. Today's event is thrash, maybe he's lost.

I was about to demand the DJ playes more Sodom just as the barman placed a glass of suspicious brown liquid in front of me.

Never mind. It's just jagermeister.

I gave him a- what the f*ck, I didn't order this- look.

"From the dude in the corner."

He answered my intended question before I had a chance to voice it.

Well...nothing to lose, he doesn't look too old and im extremely bored, I thought as I took the drink and stalked towards him.

"Hi. Thought I'd get your name before one of us dies." Wow, smooth.

He gave me a once over, as if he hasn't been looking at me all this time, before he finally answered.

"Leviathan."
That is in no way his real name.

"Really...?"
He just nodded , acting all mysterious and sh*t.

"You know, you shouldn't be alone at this time at night."
He said, just as the silence was starting to get awkward.

Why is this dude talking like a sexual predator?
Should I call Chris Hansen?

"Why not? Care to teach me a lesson about what would happen to me?"

Why the hell did I say this?
Aw, crap.
Now he is going to kill me with one of his 8 swords.

To my surprise and relief, he gave me what could be considered a sexy look and laughed.

It's getting pretty late and after that stupid challenge, I'm starting to worry that he'll follow through.
And I don't even have his real name.
I downed the rest of my drink in one big gulp and made an excuse to leave.

"Oh sh*t, I have to run."
That's not even an excuse.

"Wait! I didn't get your name."

"Thanks for the drink. It's Lydia."

And with that I bolted away, managing to avoid giving the hot weirdo any means to contact me, which is great, I'm already very busy moping on the floor and listening to alcoholic country .

I cannot be disturbed.