[01] Hate to Love

Words: 1349
A\N: This isn't my best but it takes me awhile to get in the grove for a new book and concept.

Bucky did everything he could to push people away as he was afraid he would hurt them but you kept coming back. He hated how he saw your face contort with sadness when he pushed you away. You always looked hurt when he would first push you away but then your E/C eyes would fill with confidence and you would try again.There was something that drew him towards you. It could have been how you carried yourself with confidence or how your h/c ponytail would sway as you walked or how you weren't afraid to speak your mind to the higher ups. When ever there was a mission you would always be on it, no matter what was going on in your personal life. You joined the avengers a year before Bucky but you were already like family to everyone.

The mission the Avengers were on now was different and a lot harder than previous missions. Bucky noticed you had gone after a HYDRA agent that ran off during the fight into the already secured area. He continued to throw punches at the agent he was fighting each time landing a perfect hit. He could hear gunshots off in the distance and didn't know who it was so he was assuming it was Natasha . "Is everyone ready to leave." Steve asked into the ear piece. Everyone replied except for you. "Y/N come in." Steve spoke again into the earpiece. Still no response from you so either you were trying to hide or worse something bad happened to you. Everyone looked around but they couldn't spot your H/C signature ponytail. Steve told everyone to get back to the jet and  motioned for Bucky to stay.

Once Steve knew everyone else was gone back to the jet, Bucky and himself began to walk into the are you chased the agent into. They walked down the hall with caution checking each room for you. Bucky looked into a room and to his horror it was covered floor to ceiling in blood. He motioned for Steve to quickly come over to him. Steve looked in pure  horror at the bloodbath in the room. They walked in stepping over the dead bodies of multiple HYDRA agents. They could see someone slumped in the corner of the room, the pair prayed it was you. Bucky walked over to the body cautiously. Slumped up against the wall was you. "Bucky." You coughed. Bucky knelt down next to your weak form. He looked at you worriedly, you were covered in blood and he didn't know if it was yours of the agents dead around you's blood. He spotted two large enough bullet holes. One was by your stomach and the other in your lower abdomen. Bucky put pressure on the two wounds as best as he could as Steve asked for paramedics to be ready at the jet. Bucky picked you up carefully, mindful of the open wounds on your stomach.

Bucky sprinted towards the jet with Steve in toe. They felt like they were skipping steps on the way up into the jet. Straight away paramedics on the jet directed Bucky to but you on a hospital stretcher. Bucky followed as they hooked you to drips. Everyone stood around the table as they waited for news about your condition. "She will have to have surgery when we get to the tower." Bruce sighed taking of his glasses and rubbing his bridge of his nose. Steve looked at Bucky and saw how worried he looked, he placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Everyone nodded and went and sat down and began talking between themselves.

It had been a few days since you went into ICU in the tower. Bucky never left your side. Steve tried to get Bucky to go and take care of himself. It took many tries but eventually he got Bucky to go back to his room to rest for a bit and clean up. Steve sat down next to you, reading the newspaper like the old man he was. He listened to the beeping of the monitors that checked your heartbeat and blood pressure. He didn't notice you stir in your sleep. A small hoarse groan escaped your lips. Steve looked at you in surprise and right before his very eyes he saw you open your heavy eyelids. It took awhile for your eyes to adjust to the bright lights of the hospital room.

You looked over to your side and saw a surprised Steve. "How long have I been out?" You croaked. "Four days, Y/N. "Steve replied. "I'm gonna get the doctor to check on you." Steve smiled and left to get a doctor. Ten minutes later Bruce walked in. He checked all of your vitals and the two healing gunshot wounds. "You'll be out in two days hopefully." Bruce smiled. You thanked Bruce. "So what happened to me, all I remember is chasing a HYDRA bastard down an already scere area." You hummed. "Language (Y/N). Well you did chase a HYDRA agent but he must have know there was a room we didn't check so he lured you there where you got ambushed." Steve sighed sounding exhausted by the end of it. "So has someone been by my side all this time or popping in and out all day." You asked after drinking the glass of water Bruce brought in for you. "Actually Bucky has been by your side this entire time." Steve replied. "Really." You asked. Steve nodded. "I rang him and told him you awake. It sounded like he fell off his bed in shock that you were awake." Steve laughed. "But he really cares about you Y/N in a odd way. He may seem like jerk but he is a really nice guy."

Before you could reply Bucky had burst through the door.His hair proving he was asleep. The man bun which he wore had a few strands falling out of it. Bucky darted over to your side. Steve winked at you and took his que and left. His newspaper tucked under his arm. Bucky took Steve's seat and grabbed your hand. "How are you doll." Bucky asked.This was the first time Bucky had ever addressed you in this way. "I've been better but at least I'm in one piece." You joked. Bucky continued to rub small circles on the back of your hand. "Don't joke about that." Bucky sighed. "You had lost a lot of blood. I really thought I had lost you.". "Well I'm alive so I didn't lose too much blood." You joked. " Actually Steve donated blood for you as his blood type is O." Bucky sighed. You looked surprised at Bucky. "Bucky, why do you care so much about my condition if you always push me away. I thought you hated me" You asked, tears filling your eyes as you remembered why you always tried to get close to Bucky.

"Doll I don't hate you." Bucky mumbled. You looked at him and he saw how hurt you were because you thought he hated you. Before you could respond to what Bucky said he leaned forward and captured your lips in a gentle kiss. You were shocked at first, well who wouldn't be but slowly began to kiss him back. Your soft lips moved in sync with Bucky's slightly chapped lips. You both pulled apart after a while and just stared at each other. "I wanted to do that for awhile but I was too scared." Bucky smiled. Your cheeks became a soft pink color. "Your so cute doll." Bucky laughed. You hit Bucky lightly on the chest. "I love you doll."Bucky smiled. "I love you too Buck." You whispered. "Don't think this a date Barnes." You joked. "Didn't plan on doll." Bucky smiled. "Bruce said you would be out Friday so why don't we have a movie date." "That's sounds fun." You replied. Bucky was still drawing small circles on the back of your hand. Bucky kissed your cheek. "It's a date." He smiled.