[07] Sunshine Holiday

Words: 1420

You had convinced Bucky to go on a sunny holiday to Spain with you. He didn't want to at first but when you told him you would invite another guy to come, and as soon as he heard that he went into protective boyfriend mode. So you were now sitting in Shannon airport waiting for your connecting flight.

"Have you gone to Alicante before?" Bucky asked as the two of you watched the departure bored. "Yeah I go there every year." You hummed. You got up and looked closer at the bored. "Is our gate up." Bucky yawned. He was incredibly tired because he didn't get a wink of sleep on the flight. "Gate 4." You announced walking over to Bucky and pulling him out of his seat. He glared and pouted at you and followed you as you walked to the gate.

A lot of people were already at the gate. So you and Bucky queued up with everyone else. After about ten minutes they start letting people onto the plane. "You want the window seat." Bucky asked as the two of you went up the stairs. "Yeah... thanks babe." You hummed. You showed the flight attendant your ticket.

You quickly got to your seats. Bucky took your suitcase and put the suitcase in the over head. He sat down next to you. "I'm so tired." He sighed. "Well you should have slept on the flight from JFK." You hummed pulling out your book from your backpack. You could see from the corner of your eye he stuck his tongue out. "Seriously Buck you are so childish at times." You giggled. Bucky smirked and leaned back into the chair getting comfortable.

You watched at the flight attendants demonstrated simple safety procedures as the plane headed to runway. You leaned back in your seat as the plane picked up speed as it was taking off. You grabbed Bucky's hand as you were not a fan of flying. He looked down at your interlocked hands and gave a light squeeze.

The flight went by fast and Bucky luckily got to sleep on the flight. We had just landed and you shook him awake. "Ok sleepy head get up." You whispered into his ear. His eyes fluttered open. You sat back and stood up which he did as well.

Bucky pushes his way into the aisle and got the bags from the overhead. You could already feel the heat of the Spanish weather. You and Bucky got off the flight and onto the bus on the runway. The bus was packed and you were pushed up right against Bucky. When the bus started moving you nearly fell over, Bucky quickly put an arm around your waist stopping you from falling.

~ Time Skip because I'm not bothered to write about going through the airport ~

You were sitting in the front of the van with Bucky in the back on your way to the rental place for cars. You were chatting away to the man. He was telling you about how he learnt his English in America and a group of English people told him it wasn't real English so he stared talking to them in Spanish.

"The office is over there." Diego the driver smiled and quickly took more people back to the airport. The car wasn't under your name but Bucky's as he was driving. The lady behind the desk recognised you so she upgraded your package.

Once you got the keys you and Bucky drove to the house in Gran Alacant. It is your parents house which they bought a couple of years ago and was three floors. A basement turned into another bedroom, ground floor with a dining room, kitchen and living room and finally the first floor which was two bedrooms and a bathroom with a staircase to the roof at the end of the hall. "wow this house is lovely." Bucky hummed after he had explored every floor. "I know right and it's such a quiet estate." You smiled coming up from the basement you were no longer in you travelling gear but your swimsuit with a t-shirt over it.

Bucky came over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "Look at you all pretty in your swimsuit." Bucky admired his eyes dancing across my body. "Well i think it's too hot so im going for a swim. You coming?" You giggled, escaping Bucky's arms and grabbing a towel and the key to get into the pool area in the middle of the estate. Bucky rushed down the stairs. "Wait for me". You smiled and sat on the couch as bucky got changed.

~ Time Skip ~

It's was about seven when you and Bucky had finally decided a place to eat you were going o go to a tapas restaurant so Bucky could try some good Spanish food. so you and Bucky got changed out of your wet swimsuits and into something suitable for going out. "Do we have to drive there?" Bucky shouted to you from the basement. "No." You replied as you made sure you had money and keys. You were ready before Bucky so you were making fun of how long he took. He started to pout so you quickly kissed his cheek and left the house and began your way to the restaurant.

Bucky never realised how much food you can eat so he was so surprised that you could keep ordering more and more food but Buck still ate it all with you. Two bottles of wine later and many tapas you two were full and payed your bill and began walking back to the house. You were tipsy as you had a low alcohol tolerance so Bucky was holding your hand to make sure you didn't hurt yourself. You had left at 8pm and it was 10:30n pm so you were out for awhile.

When you arrived back at the house you went straight for the freezer and got ice cream cones for yourselves. You were sitting on the couch cuddled into Bucky with the fans to keep the room at a tolerable temperature. You were watching whatever crappy tv show was on as there wasn't much to chose from. "Dinner was nice." Bucky murmured as he played with your hair. You nodded your and rested your head on Bucky's shoulder. "Why don't we go to bed?" Buck asked as he was pulling you up from the couch. We ended up falling straight asleep the minute we got to bed.

~ Time Skip to the day you are returning to New York ~

You woke up before Bucky and were not bothered to get out of bed its was 5am and your flight was at 6:30 am so you wanted to be up early enough that you could be awake and alert. You turned on your side and saw Bucky sleeping peacefully. You began to pepper his face with kisses to wake him up. A content smile etched his features as he slowly woke up. "Morning doll." He greeted his voice laced in sleep. "It's time to get up." You cooed and got out of bed and quickly got changed. It followed suit and got into his traveling clothes. He had backed the suitcases into the car the night before so all you had to do was lock the house up and go to the rental place.

"Come on babe." You announced as you left the house leaving Bucky to lock up. "I'll be there in a minute." he replied. Eventually he left the hose his back thrown over his shoulder. You were pulling up the directions on th gps as he got into the car. "Do you have everything." Bucky asked, you nodded your head and finally go the directions up.

It didn't take long to get to the rental place and then a lift to the airport. You both got through security quickly so now you were sitting at Costa with some drinks waiting for your gate number. "Thanks for convincing me to go with you to Spain. I really enjoyed it." Bucky hummed as he sipped at his coffee. You smiled and sipped on your drink as well. " No problem babe. I knew you would like it." You grinned. "I just don't want to leave yet." You sighed. "Must agree with you there doll." You looked out the large windows and watched as the sun began to peek out from behind the mountains.