Chapter Six- The Moment

I was running. I had forgotten how long it took to get to the cove.

It might have been the very beginning of the day- or the end, I couldn't tell. I had lost track of time... I was just running, and that's all.

Every once in a while, I would hear the rustle of a bird or some animal. Otherwise it would be silent, with no one and nothing but me.

I finally reached the cove. I was on the grass and the sand was right ahead , a few feet. It was gorgeous- the cove water was an aqua color. It was so reflective and beautiful.

I looked down- I remembered, I had to focus on the sand. I closed my eyes. He said that you could do nearly anything, as long as you believe.

The sand, it looked just normal. Normal beach sand- sand that happened to look exactly like the dust in Tink's vial when she didn't believe.

Please let this work, I thought. I took a deep breath and stepped on to the beach.

The entire beach- all of the sand- began glowing. It was all at once- the entire beach glowed green. Every grain of sand turned into exactly what I'd hoped- it was pixie dust, but all in disguise.

Of course, it was obvious. The island wouldn't run out of dust- it would hide it where no one would believe it was.

I looked around. The greenish-whitish light glowed from everywhere. From under the water, the sand shimmered. i gasped and wondered how many people had seen this much pixie dust in their life. I looked around for something to hold some with and finally found a small leather pouch- it looked like something an old-timey sailor would drop. I grabbed it and filled it with the sand/dust.

"I knew it," i said to myself. "I knew it... I just had to believe, didn't I...."

I poured some on myself and suddenly my feet lifted off the ground. As my body left it, the sand stopped glowing- perfect. No one can find it now.

I grabbed the old satchel and lifted back up into the air- it's kind of difficult to stay steady.

I looked around for the camp. I think it's early morning. I couldn't find the camp- they must be sleeping and turned out the fire.

I flew down low and followed the path back to camp- it took barely an hour- not even.

And it was amazing. A sudden burst of energy flowed through me and a wind flowed through my hair. I felt freedom like no one ever had before. I remembered back to when the shadow had gotten me and I was flying- but this time it was all my choice. I saw him-

Peter was standing in a small clearing, watching me. As I got closer i saw he was smiling.

"You did it!" he said. "You got some!"

"Yeah I- I did but, um, is there a way to land this?" I said, flying around him.

"Here," he held out his hands. I grabbed them and he gently pulled me down.

"Is it in that bag?" he pointed. "I remember the sailor that bag belonged to," he said, chuckling.

 I opened it. "This isn't even a fraction of it." I smiled.

"Tiger Lily, you really are special." His eyes glittered.

"Oh, I have something for you!" I remembered.

I pulled the necklace off my neck. The pixie dust glowed inside. I pulled it over my head and put it over his. It continued to glow.

"I got this right off of Tink," I said. I opened my mouth to say more but he started kissing me before I did. It was soft and tasted like dirt but it was magical, more magical than any amount of pixie dust. He held my waist and my hands snuck their way up to his neck.

I thought I hated him, right? Didn't he...

I kissed him back. I couldn't- I didn't want to stop.