1

I pray to what ever God is out there that I'm just hearing things. I panic and my heart drops to nothing whilst my breath becomes unsteady, and I swallow my saliva. I try to feel for the door knob behind me, but when I find it there's already what feels like to be a hand there. My heart beat becomes more lively... With a terrified look, I sharply turn my head to the door knob and see nothing on the handle.

  "leaving so soon? You need to meet your new roomates?" a raspy voice just inches away from my ear demanded almost. The blood in my body goes hot and uncomfortable. no no n-NO! This cannot-. I stumble back tripping over my feet as my thoughts race past me without a breath to waste.

  "Wrath, leave the poor virgin alone," I hear a mellow voice say walking down the stairs. That voice, so delicate and soft, it'd melt in your hands... like... my mother's. I pause on the floor trying to catch my breath.

  I hear a slap onto the marble of the floor just under the second floor, "out of breath already? What a shame," I hear another voice say, the same one that called me a loser. A scramble on the marble of the floor looking for my breath, following these different voices. What if that girl in high school I rejected cursed me?

  I stumble back up, I'm in a state of nothing but fear and confusion, and I feel so light headed and anxious from my anxiety. W-what if their spirts who want revenge? No that can't be, I've never done anything wrong. I walk backwards away from the door. These voices start to be processed like seeping ink in in a cup of water, spreading, taking up all the clean water and turning it to black, not quite heard but understood.

  Wh-what if-...

   BANG!!