Chapter 65

•••

•••

"What do you want?" I ask stepping down into the house where the old witch burial took place.

Caroline had begged me to meet her and Bonnie here because apparently ghosts were terrorizing the town and hurting people. I was skeptical at first since Caroline had helped Damon and the others lock me up in that classroom but I decided to help anyway.

They were still my friends...

Bonnie already has her set up of her grimoire open to her spell and candles all around the room. Caroline stands off to the side.

"I just need to channel your power. After bringing Jeremy back to life, the ancestors pulled away and decided to no longer help me. I could perform my spell a lot easier if you could allow me to channel you." Bonnie explains.

I scowl. "Everytime a witch channels me, I'm in excruciating pain."

Bonnie nods in understanding. "That's because they channeled you against your will. If you allow me access to your magic, It won't hurt you, I promise." She gives me a small smile.

Deciding to trust her, I take a deep breath before settling down on the dusty floorboards in front of her. I allow her to take my hands.

We both close our eyes.

Bonnie begins chanting. Immediately, I wince at the burning pain in my head. "Relax your mind, Eliza, just relax." Bonnie soothes me. I release a shaky breath, letting my magic flow to my fingers.

I hear a small gasp from Caroline. My eyes open and I see my hands glowing in Bonnie's. I glance at Bonnie's concentrated expression.

The wind around is picks up heavily. The leaves around us swirl. The sounds of whispering all around us.

I feel a hand on my wrist and turn to see Sheila sitting there smiling at Bonnie. My eyes widen in shock.

"Oh my god, is that your...?" Caroline trails off.

Bonnie gasps. "Grams?"

My jaw drops open.

"I can't believe you're here!" Bonnie cries happily.

Sheila nods to her. "I wasn't able to cross over at first like those other ghosts. But your friend here helped me." She nudges her head to me.

I raise my brow confused. "Me? I didn't do anything."

"You didn't need to, it's all inside you, Eliza. Now stop your crying, we don't have time for tears. Nice to see you again, Caroline." Sheila recognizes the blonde.

Caroline laughs softly. "Hi, Miss Sheila."

We all break our hands apart.

"What a fine mess you've made. The witches told you there'd be consquences for bringing Jeremy back but you did it anyway." Sheila scolds Bonnie.