Chapter 111

꧁M꧂

꧁M꧂

One day.

Klaus and I were able to get one day to ourselves when all hell broke loose once again in New Orleans. For a few hours, I had seen my Klaus once again. The one who made me laugh, and smile, and just plain happy. And we were in the middle of a peaceful dinner when Elijah called.

Something evil was coming our way. More specfically, a certain witch. With that, we were forced back into New Orleans the next morning.

I huff in annoyance as I past Klaus who brings in our bags that had yet to be opened for our hopeful weekend alone. I hear him sigh deeply after me and call my name but I keep walking until I enter the study room where Elijah and Hayley sit on the couch.

A protrait of a woman laying on the table in front of them, and the two looking oddly close.

Elijah stands up with minor shock written on his features at the sight of me. The brunette on the couch stays silent and avoid eye contact with me.

My eyes flicker between them, before I push away the thoughts in my head. "Well..." I cross my arms. "...Who do we have to kill?" I ask.

Elijah presses his lips into a thin line. "Elizabella. I'm sorry for interrupting your weekend with my brother." He looks into my eyes.

I look away from him, and tiredly sit down on the chair. "I was stupid to think we could get a moment of peace. Tell me what's going on." I glance at Hayley expectedly.

Elijah takes a deep breath, his stance full of awkwardness as he clears his throat. "As I was saying, over the centuries, vampires have fought the witches and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all powerful witch until Davina." Elijah explains.

My eyes narrow at how he stares at the drawing with such intensity, even longing. Does he know this woman? I ask myself mentally.

Klaus waltzes into the room. "Who is tucked in safe and sound down the hall, under my protection." Klaus sits down close to me, crossing his legs and placing an arm around my shoulders. He smirks at Elijah and nods his head towards the drawing.

"Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a potent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus taunts.

I lean forward in confusion. "Wait, you knew this woman, Elijah?" I ask him. Elijah stays silent, which only confirms my answer. His eyes drift away from me and I knew immediately what that meant. Elijah just did not know this woman.