Introduction

I D O N ' T B E L I E V E    I N  
F A I R Y T A L E S A N D I  N E V E R W I L L

I used to, but that all went downhill when my heart just happened to break into a million pieces. Theirs times in your life when you feel as if you wish you never existed, as if you wish you'd just disappear from this green earth. The only reason I'm still here is because of my mother. She's always telling me to try my best and get what I want in life, because of her, I became a nurse at a children's hospital. A hospital that helps kids who have severe pain. One of those pains just happens to be cancer. I worked hard, really hard to graduate college and achieve what my mom wanted me to. Because of her, I wouldn't have been here today. I wouldn't have been alive after all that pain I went through, because of some stupid fairytale. I don't believe in fairytales and I never will.

No matter how hard I try to move on, I can't. I just can't. I feel pain, a feeling that all humans experience every single day. But I'm tired of it. Really tired. It's as if you can't fix yourself. It's like a puzzle. It's so hard to figure out which pieces you need to put in order for it to come out in one piece. All of my pieces are missing. Some are broken, they can't be put together no matter how hard you try.

My mother has breast cancer. She was the one who inspired me, the one who brought me to this earth, to become a childrens' nurse for cancer. Everyday I go to work and put on my uniform, it really breaks my heart to see all of those kids going through pain, others who don't have cancer should be grateful not going through this. This disease is deadly, so deadly it scares me to see that I can lose my own mother any second now.

Have you ever had that feeling, deep down in the pit of your stomach, that you feel a knot that you just can't untie? It bothers you and all you want to do is get rid of it. I've been trying. Trying so so hard to do so. But I can't. I'm just a broken girl trying to move on from all her problems. You can't. You can't you can't you can't.

I was such a pathetic girl to believe In fairytales. When I was a little girl, all I did was watch Disney movies with my father, who died in a car accident. I would always get so excited to watch Cinderella. A movie about a princess who would always get treated terrible by her step mother and sisters after her father died. She got a fairy godmother, who helped her go to the royal ball and find her Prince Charming. Then? She lived her happily ever after. The end. Just like that. But the problem is, their is no end. Something terrible always happens after. They just don't show it. No matter how hard you wish for it to not. It does, and we have to except that.

Now, how does that affect me? I once fell in love with a guy, a guy who I truly loved, yet he broke my heart. I gave all I could to him, and he still broke up with me. He even proposed, but he canceled last minute because he had another girl. Another girl who he actually loved. He just used me as if I was some kind of rag doll. A rag doll that would be thrown around, ripped apart. Into a million pieces.

    I D O N ' T B E L I E V E I N
F A I R Y T A L E S A N D I N E V E R W I L L