Chapter 1

14 years later

Mira stared at herself in the mirror looking at her black romper and admiring her long flowing curly purple hair and her ocean eyes. She always loved her eyes and hair color since nobody else in town had hair or eyes like hers. She has her mother's purple hair, but her mom's hair is straight and her eyes are green. She knows that her eyes and curly hair are from her father, but she has no idea who he is. Every time she brought him up to her mother, her mom would just change the subject.

"Mom I'm going into town now!"

"Okay, Mira. Make sure you're ba-"

"Back before sundown. I know mom. You tell me every time I leave for town."

Her mom gave her the 'excuse me, did you just give me an attitude?' look. Mira just smiled, gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and ran out of the house.

Mira was going into town to meet her boyfriend and spend the whole day with him. Her mother knows she has a boyfriend just not who he really is or his age part. Her mom thinks he's her age and a boy named Tommy who she used to hang out with when she was little but stopped once he confessed his feelings for her. Her boyfriend is actually 24 years old. Her mom would go crazy if she found out how old he was. Mira never understood why her mom would be upset though since it's only 10 years apart and everyone else in town seems to not care when they saw them together. Well, the towns people usually looked away whenever she was around. They were afraid to talk to her or even look at her. Everyone in town knew that her mother is Maily Kim, the strongest witch and leader of the witches in the town.

~

Mira went to wait at their favorite cafe, Ocean Light. They had the best-tasting lemon muffins and their iced tea tasted great to her. Mira sat waiting in the booth for 10 minutes but she felt like she was waiting for 10 days. She hears the door opening and when she turns to see who it is, it's none other than her boyfriend, Michael James. Once he sees her, a smile stretches across his face.

"Hey, babe." He gives her a hug and a kiss. "Sorry, I'm late. I was helping my dad with some stuff."

"Oh no, it's okay. You're here now."

He smiles and says "I'm going to go order for us."

"Okay." Mira sits back in the booth and decides to admire him as he walks up to the register. He has dirty blond hair and green eyes that takes her breath away every time she looks into them. Michael wasn't afraid or cared who her mother was which was something she loved about him. Today he's wearing a gray t-shirt and light blue jeans and not his usual suit and tie. She also sees the other females in the cafe watching him as if they were ready to strip for him right then and there which upset her. She could also see the cashier trying to throw her boobs out for him. Mira rolls her eyes. "These mundanes always trying to throw themselves at my man."

A few minutes later he comes back with her lemon muffin and iced tea and his black coffee.

"Every time we're here, you always just get black coffee."

"And every time we're here, you always want a lemon muffin and iced tea."

"...okay true." They both give a little laugh.

Once they're done, they decide to go spend the day at the park.

"Babe, tomorrow's going to be 4 months since we've been together."

"Yes, I know!"

"I wanna be somewhere quiet and spend the day with you alone. Do you know where the big tree trunk is pass town?"

"You mean the creepy one where people are afraid to go because the area is filled with dark magic?"

"Yes that area and people say that but I went there yesterday and there's nothing scary about it. I think it's the perfect spot for us to be alone together. What do you think?"

"Umm well, why not your place?"

"Babe my place is a mess. All my work is laid out everywhere and I have work to do tonight so I won't be able to clean it all up before tomorrow. Let's just meet at the tree trunk. I'll bring us some food. We'll have a picnic there. Okay?"

"Umm yeah okay." Mira was honestly terrified yet excited at the same time. She knew her mother would disapprove. She was told to never go near that place and to never use dark magic, which she never did even though she's always been curious about dark magic. "It's almost sundown, I need to get going."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then babe. Same time just at the tree trunk okay?"

Mira gives a hesitant "okay" and starts to walk off but doesn't get far before Michael pulls her back to him.

"You were really gonna walk off without giving me a kiss?" He gave her a frown.

She smiled and then gave him a kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow."

~

After arriving home her mother ask "how was it in town?"

"It was good. I got to eat my favorite muffin of course."

Her mom gives a chuckle "of course you did darling. Tommy bought it for you of course?"

Mira gives a nervous laugh "yeah he did."

"Are you hungry hun? I just made some spaghetti."

"Ooooo yes I would love some."

They both take a seat at the table and her mother passes her a plate of spaghetti.

"Thank you, mama."

"You're welcome, darling."

"Guess what mom!"

"What hun?"

"Tomorrow's me and Mi- um my Tommy's 4 month anniversary. He's taking me to a special place."

"Oh? Is he now. Where does he plan on taking you?"

"Umm, I'm not sure. He said that it's a surprise and to just meet at Ocean Light as usual."

"Aww well, I hope you two have fun but not too much fun you here me?"

"Yes, mama yes I here you."

After finishing their food and washing the dishes Mira decides to call it a night.

"Good night mama. Love you."

"Goodnight hun, love you. Have sweet dreams."

Mira went to bed and tried to sleep but kept tossing and turning. She was too excited yet nervous for the next day. She honestly couldn't wait to see what the tree trunk looks like and if there was really dark magic in the area. She's always wanted to go there, but she didn't want to go against her mother's wishes. She's already agreed to meet Michael there, so she has no choice but to go there tomorrow. Eventually, Mira falls asleep and dreams about having the best day ever with Michael.