Ateez theory: Part 1

Hi!

 So I've made a theory on what's going on with Ateez and their story. But please bear in mind while reading this, that's it's my first time ever making a theory and that I'm in no way stating facts. Also, this is my interpretation so it might be wrong. (All the symbolic meanings have been found online)

Thanks, Atiny love you <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Okay so Let's start with Say my name since it has a ton of symbols. At first, we see Hongjoong dropping a trumpet, The image of the trumpet is a symbol of authority and goes hand in hand with its association with warfare.

As you can see Hongjoong is surrounded by black figures, which I interpret as the dark side of himself, the insecurities, the doubt all the things that make us depressed or discouraged

As you can see Hongjoong is surrounded by black figures, which I interpret as the dark side of himself, the insecurities, the doubt all the things that make us depressed or discouraged. So why is Hongjoong dropping the trumpet? 

He's giving up. Since we associate the trumpet with warfare and the fight against our enemies, that'll mean him dropping the trumpet is a mark of surrender. Hongjoong isn't the only member fighting the darkness, that wants to overtake him. A great example is Yeosang:

We see Yeosang in this box, filled with light

We see Yeosang in this box, filled with light. So here's how I see things, The dark figure is representing the darkness that is hidden in all of us(as said above). So with that said the only thing separating the darkness and Yeosang, is the box. In this scene, the ONLY thing that is litten up is the box with Yeosang in, that's because it resembles hope. 

As long as you have hope the darkness can't take fully over.

Though when you are trapped in the darkness, there doesn't always seem to be an opening or way out of it. Hence also the reason for a box.

Next up is San. San can be seen in the middle of broken glass. The cracked glass is a symbol of broken promises or shattered expectations. Your feelings may be hurt, or a situation may be turning into a crisis.