10. The Choice

I've  spent about 2 days thinking about the situation I'm forced to make. I can't avoid it forever. Once I've made up my mind I go to Kenzie, as she asked. "Okay im pretty sure I've made up my mind."
Kenzie looks surprised for a second, and then says, "that's great!! Who did you pick?" I start to get nervous. Even though I've made up my mind in my head, saying it out loud just makes it that much more real. "Uhm...Hayden." Kenzie looks shocked... and a little nervous? "Hayden? Are you sure?" Mackenzie started to chew on her fingernails, which made me very nervous. Why does this bother her?
"Um yeah. Why? Is that a problem?" Kenz shakes her head no and walks away, which makes me even more nervous, but I shake it off, and walk to Haydens room. "Hayden? Can we talk?" Hayden looks up from doing homework and smiles at me. "Yeah what's up Annie." Deep breaths Annie. You got this. "Okay so this might not make sense I don't know, but I have feelings for you. I understand if you don't feel the same, or if you already have someone outside of here. I hope we can still be friends." Well that went great. Note the sarcasm. "Woah Annie slow down. And breath please? You're worrying me a little." I let out the breath that I hadn't realized I was holding and look back up at Hayden. "Annie I like you. I really do. But are you sure you want to jump into a relationship right now? I mean, I saw what happened in that lobby with Asher, that wasn't just an in the moment type thing. There was feelings involved." Hayden grabs my hands while he's talking, and starts playing with the ring that's on my middle finger. "Hayden I've spent a lot of time thinking about that. Although I kinda have feelings for Asher, my feelings for you are stronger. Asher doesn't even live here. So we wouldn't ever be able to hang out except for when he's visits."

"Okay Annie. Let's try this. But let's not consider ourselves dating yet, let's call it... talking." I sigh and agree with Hayden, kind of relieved that I don't have to break this news to Asher yet.

Once I get back to my room I see I have 2 missed FaceTime calls from Asher, so I call him back. As soon as he answers I can tell somethings wrong, he looks heartbroken. "Y-you and Hayden?" My breath catches. "What are you talking Asher." I see a tear slide down his face. "Mackenzie Ziegler dmed me on Instagram, saying you and Hayden are dating. Is that true?"

"Asher I-i"

"Just stop Annie. You made it seem like there was something between us. Remember that kiss? You kissed me back. Does your little boyfriend know that?"

"Asher were not dating! We're talking because we want to make sure it's going to work out."

"So it's true."

"Well kind of. But how do you and Kenz even know each other?"

"We followed each other after you guys posted together, but we've never talking until today."
Although Asher has calmed down, I can tell he's still upset. He won't make eye contact and he's not smiling like he normally is when we FaceTime, nor is he cracking jokes to make me laugh. "Asher I'm sorry." Asher looks up at me, and for the first time since we started the call, makes eye contact for a few seconds. "It's whatever. I have to go." He ends the call before I can say bye. Which just upsets me more.

Why am I being attacked for my decision? And why can't other people stay out of that decision?

————
(A/N)
Hey guys if you see this you should go follow @basicashannie on Instagram, it's my fanpage. Comment on my recent that you came from wattpad!!