Redeeming Myself

Mo Yuan drove smoothly on familiar roads, hands on wheel while a contemplative look appear on his face. He stared at the road ahead while the world slides by the window.

Were his thoughts visible it would be chaotic turns and twist. Though it spins everywhere, it all comes together just for one person HER and just one word LOVE.
His mind wandering down the path that is destined to make him feel guilt and internal grief. Perhaps the guilt is a warning, that to judge before knowing will only bring sorrow. Yet without feeling sorrow ones will never learn to treasure what was there.

Just when he thought things were looking up, fate takes a new turn. What fate has written could be beautiful, yet he's afraid of what it have in stored. His heart beats harder at the unknown destiny.
If someone had told him years ago that the way forward is the way back. He would laughed at the idea.

When the truth revealed, feelings of regret in his chest felt like vines tightly squeezing his heart....suffocating him from within.
He took their slow bond for granted, stealing her purity and made her insecure....made her doubtful of his feelings for her. The more he dwelled on it, the more hopeless he felt.
He want to beg, plead, for her forgiveness. Even now he's shaping her future with him by the arrangement they have....at least for a year. The arrogant him won't accept her refusal because she has becomes more than the air he breath. He had become the person he never wanted to be. Love had blinded his thinking and clouded his vision.
The thought of losing her filled him with trepidation.

_____

Bai Qian sat slouch in the seat of her car, her body conform to the shape of the seat. She sat unmoving and stiff, starring at no particular point. This moment to herself was the release valve that she needed to sort out her thoughts.

Now that she had resolved the situation with Damien, she felt lighter. They were not meant to be. If they were, things wouldn't be what they are today.
She had two years if she really wanted anything to happen between them, prior to Mo Yuan reentering her life, but the timing and how she felt was never there.
Perhaps how things turned out between them is for the best. She can't imagined how complicated her life would be if she was truly involved with Damien.

Mo Yuan....thoughts of him trickles it's way to the forefront, pushing all other thoughts to the sides.

The darkness fades as lights slowly filtering in, soon the darkness disappeared, more colors and a surge of hope enter her world.
Love is like climbing a ladder, the higher you climb the closer you get. The problem is she can't seem to find the will to reach out for the first rung.
She remembered the storm, the swirls of emotions, she's scared if she'll ever experience that once again.

Does she have feelings for him? She would lied to herself if she say no. She has been harboring feelings for him all these times. Afraid to show it, afraid that her heart will be trample on.

Her thoughts shifted to the upcoming show. This will be her very first show in Beijing. Therefore, nothing can go wrong. Although she's confidence with her designs but she also knows that it won't please everyone.
She's prepared for that and knows that in this fickle business everything comes and go quickly, just like the clients taste. As long as everything move forward exceptionally well, then she's happy with the outcome.

Bai Qian let out a loud sigh as she started the ignition. She backed up her car and drove out of the parking garage.

One thing has always cheer her up was cooking the children's favorite foods. Her lips curved upwards, determination shown in her eyes.
With that thought in mind, she drove to the grocery store.

Bai Qian pulls into the parking lot of Bloom Market. She grabbed her purse and push the door open.

_____