Eternal Promise

In her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars...

-Beth Revis

According to legends Kunlun was a mythical mountain believed to be a Taoist paradise.

The occupants of this mountain follows "The Tao" ways of living. The Tao (The Way) is a fundamental idea of teaching about the various disciplines for achieving "perfection" by becoming one with the unplanned rhythms of the universe.
The Way emphasizes on naturalness, simplicity, and spontaneity. In addition there are the teachings of The Three Treasure...compassion, frugality, and humility.

Not only the occupants of the mountain followed "The Way and The Three Treasures" of living. They also learned astrology according to the movements of the stars and divination according to the calendrical year, date, and time.
Once the stars, moon, year, date, time, and the order of the astrological signs aligned then one can foretell the future.

It is said when a soul of a person arrives at Kunlun Mountain and becomes one of the occupants they must go through fifty lifetimes of experiencing the seven sins and virtues. Once they achieved the highest level of understanding then their souls will be free of their physical forms and becomes enlightened.

Once they adhered to the divine law of The Way and The Three Treasures and only shown goodness through their thoughts and actions.  Their souls will then takes physical forms and they becomes immortals.

Mo Yuan stands at the scenic overlook at the summit of Kunlun Mountain. This particular standpoint has been named "Kunlun Goddess".

The name "Kunlun Goddess" originated when Emperor Mu of the Zhou Dynasty supposedly discovered at the summit of the mountain the Jade Palace of the Yellow Emperor and met Xi Wang Mu (The Spirit Mother of The West).

Therefore later this particular area is named "Kunlun Goddess" referencing the fated meeting between Emperor Mu and Xi Wang Mu.

After yesterday's rain the dry soil produces an intoxicating earthy scent mixed with a hint of bruised grass, pine and sweet smells of various florals.

There's even a faint rainbow peaking slowly through the clouds. It's as if everything before his eyes was giving its blessing to their special day.

Mo Yuan's eyes move slowly around the beautiful and peaceful panoramic views before him. Taking in the lush green summer foliage that has now begins to wither and turns into various shades of yellows and reds.
Occasionally he would see flock of birds in perfect formations flying from the North towards the warmer South.

The first time he was here he was amazed that he felt a deep connection to this place. He can't pinpoint exactly what it was but it gave him a welcoming feeling and a sense of being home.

He is here today because on this twenty second day of the tenth months, it was a rare auspicious day in the astrological calendar for marriage according to the two elders of the families...Madame Mo and Grandfather Bai.

Mo Yuan and Bai Qian doesn't have much thoughts on these superstitious cultures or traditions. They are happy to finally be together in all senses and if the auspicious day makes the elders happy then it's even better.

As Mo Yuan stood there in deep thoughts a familiar voice drifting to his ears.

"Mo Yuan, it's time."

Mo Yuan turns around when he heard the all too familiar voice. Two tall handsome men approaches him in matching suits.

Pinned on the left side pocket of their jacket is a small branch of peach blossom.