Chapter 3

The throne room on Olympus was dark and cold, it had been many years since the last meeting, many years since the last war. All of the gods turning to their domains and looking after the earth and humans instead of bickering with one another. No fire sat in the middle which made Artemis curious. She shot her arrow toward the ceiling, it burst into a silver firework. Her call for a meeting.

The fire lit itself as more of the gods flashed in. The warmth growing and the darkness receding to the edges. Hestia sat, in her ten-year-old form, by the edge of the fire. Moving the coals every now and then, relishing in the heat.

When the last god, Poseidon, arrived, Zeus called the meeting to order. Artemis had returned to her throne and grown to her godly height.

"Daughter, what is this meeting about?" After the last Giant war, the gods of Olympus grew fonder of each other, not starting too many more arguments between themselves. Becoming more civilised and less like children. They had each lost something in the war and it made them open their eyes.

"I have some news father." This drew the attention of all the gods, even that of the usually sleeping Dionysus. Hestia continued stoking the fire.

"What could be this important? Have monsters been herding again?" Hera asked, getting more into the conversation, worried about another rising threat.

"There seems to be someone, a male, leaving demigods at the edge of my hunt." Athena looked thoughtful, who on earth could this male be? "He disappears before we even get a glimpse. My hunters say his name is Kynigós. Hunter in Greek."

"Hunter? That is your domain, why don't you know him?" Apollo quizzed sarcastically. Artemis sent him a death glare and he shrunk back into his throne, rolling his eyes at his sister's antics.

"Why have we not heard of this before?" Zeus questioned. Looking at all of the gods in turn, thinking one would have the answer. "Athena?"

"I... I don't know." Ares gasped.

"Athena? Doesn't know?" He burst out laughing. Hestia rolled her eyes. She realised that maybe not all of the gods had grown up.

"There are many more mortal murders, all of those linking to one person. He hasn't been found." Ares stopped laughing. "Thinking back, there has been a significant increase in the number of demigods that actually arrive at the camps. But, I just put that down to all of you making more kids." This last line made Aphrodite giggle, along with a silent chuckle from Hestia.

"What should we do?" Artemis looked to her father for guidance, glaring at him so that he would know that no matter what he said, she and her hunters would be going after the male.

"Fine," Zeus sighed. "You may hunt him, bring him here for questioning once you capture him."

Hestia watched the conversation warily, making sure not to give away anything. Silently messaging her Guardian of the hunter's new target. He did not reply but she knew he had gotten the message. Feeling the death of a broken family and the rebirth of another as a new demigod walked into Camp Half-Blood.

The gods flashed away one by one, Poseidon leaving last with a sigh. He had been missing his son since he disappeared. He had been grieving for over twenty years already, even though his brother Hades assured him he wasn't in the underworld.

Hestia remained in the throne room after the weak flash from the god of the sea. Aphrodite stood beside her. No one really knew but she wasn't as much of a girly-girl as she portrayed. She was a lot smarter than most of the gods as she herself was actually a Primordial.

"How is our Guardian?" Kynigós had run into Aphrodite a decade ago on a mission where she blessed him, accepting ranking as her guardian also. He ran a few missions for her on the side. Looking after a few of her kids and collecting ingredients for her perfumes.

"He is well, sister. He is on a mission now. I have warned him of the imposing threat to his existence. We know he is of no harm but they do not." Aphrodite nodded, worried about the boy.

"He is a peaceful entity as long as he isn't provoked. I just hope he stays that way."

They both stared at the flames for a while in silence before they heard a small thud next to them. Kynigós stood, dressed in his black attire, a few specks of mortal blood spattered his tunic but they could tell it wasn't his. Aphrodite and Hestia wrapped him in a hug. They had both grown to love the boy as a brother. They could see the sparkle in his eyes, his only way of communicating unless by mind message. Taking a vow of silence in his years of becoming their assassin. He sat with them at the fire's edge for a while as the two ladies processed their next moves.

"Maybe it is time for you to step into the light Kynigós." Hestia puzzled. Knowing the fates would probably stir something up in the near future, it had been a long time since the last big threat.

"I think you may be right, sister," Aphrodite thought the same. "I know you don't like it and it is against your ways Kynigós but it may be time."

As usual, he said nothing, simply thinking over the words of his patrons. He would never say no to them anyway, but this time they did ask as they knew his training forbid him to act so openly. He thought back to his years in training, attending many schools and practices on the arts of self-defence and weaponry. Becoming a master of each subject. Joining the elites and surpassing them all quickly. Joining the league of assassins

He looked up at the goddesses nodding at their previous statement. He would show himself, allow himself to be captured. But after he was done being needed he would slip back into the shadows, where he belonged. He wasn't coming out to the mortal world at least.

He breathed a heavy sigh and stood from the fire. Looking at each goddess in turn and performing his own personal bow, closing his eyes and tilting his head. Then he stepped into the flames, being engulfed and disappearing.

"I hope he is okay, I wish he would talk." Aphrodite sighed.

"You know he cannot sister, even though I wish the same." Hestia walked into the flames putting out the fire as she disappeared.

Aphrodite walked out of the throne room toward the garden, maybe she could create a romantic love story to make herself feel better.