{ two }

fragile  |  the academy
" are you scared of us? "

fragile  |  the academy" are you scared of us? "

"In five, four, three, two. This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth.
A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!" A man dressed in all black says to his phone. He was heavily armed. A dark skinned girl appears beside him with her arms behind her back. "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor." The girl says.

"What? What did you say?" The man asks. He bends down so he was able to hear the girl.

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." The girl says. As if the man was in a trance, he turns to one of his men and shoots him in the foot.

"We just heard shots from inside the bank. It's uncertain if any hostages have been harmed in that.
There's some movement on the roof. Possibly law enforcement."

A blonde comes crashing down from the ceiling, tackling one of the robbers to the ground. He slams the man's head against the counter before throwing him out of the window across the room.

"Looks like one of the armed robbers has been thrown from the bank."

A brunette boy comes running in. "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." He throws two knives towards the leader before it turns, stabbing another man.

A man tries to sneak up behind the boy, only to be grabbed by a purplish-black shadow with dots of light that resembled stars. The shadow throws the man across the room, knocking him unconscious.

The shadow retreated back to a brunette girl who wore the same uniform as the other kids.

"I've been in many hostage situations, like this, and it can escalate very quickly."

"Get back, you freaks." The leader of the robbers says, standing on-top of the counter with a gun aiming towards the kids.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy." Luther taunts.

"Get back now!" The man yells.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Allison says with a smirk.

"Are you scared of us?" Harley says, black shadows starting to slow grow out of her.

"Or what?" A boy appears behind the man. The man turns, shooting the boy, only to be met with an empty spot. The boy reappears behind the man. The man turns attempting to shoot at the boy again. "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" The boy says before pushing the stapler hard against the mans head. The man falls to the ground, unconscious.

"Although there's been no activity for a few minutes, we're gonna stay live on location to make sure we don't miss anything in this hostage situation at the Capital West bank."

"Do we really have to do this?" The smallest of the boys asks.

"Come on, six." Luther pushes. "There's more guys in the vault."

"I'll go with you!" Harley says, the group bursts into conversation, trying to convince the girl not to go with him. Harley just ignores them, worried too much for her brothers well being.

"I didn't sign up for this." Ben mumbles before going into the room with Harley behind him.

"Now we see the hostages. They're free.
They're scared, clearly, but they do seem to be unharmed."

After minutes of watching the shadows of tentacles and arms from the window and listening to the pained screams of their victims, Harley and Ben rejoin the group. They were drenched in blood and wore traumatized expressions.

"Can we go home now?"

"People are coming out now. It's not the armed robbers. These are young schoolchildren in uniforms with masks on."

"Lower your weapon!" A police officer orders.

"Jim Hellerman, Channel 2 News."

"How did you get in the bank?"

"What happened inside?"

After a while of posing heroically, Reginald Hargreeves appears next to the group. "Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 News.
What happened to their parents?"

"They were suitably compensated."

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?"

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world." The groups holds back any backlashes, continuing to smile at the cameras.

Pogo arrives with their limousine and the group files in. "Zero, you've got a little something- here." Five uses his handkerchief to wipe some dried up blood from her cheek. The girl blushes slightly, flustered a bit of how close he was.

"Thanks." The girl says, drowsily, as her eyes started to get heavier. Her head slowly finds its way onto Five's shoulder. Five goes to wake her up when their father see her.

"Let her sleep. She had one of her long nights last night." Reginald says.

The dark haired boy just nods.