G E N T L E

"It is in your arms I feel the safest. I built my home in your heart, the roots of my soul wrapped around your lungs. It is with you I know where I belong."

~🎀~

A F T E R  F A L C O N ' S  particularly chilly shower, he walked into his old room only to find Freya passed out in the bed. With a smile, he made his way towards the dresser where he had placed a pair of clean clothes for himself.

He had had to borrow them from Glenn, who had thankfully still been awake when he had asked for them. Falcon had grown much larger than the fourteen-year-old kid that used to stay over.

As he pulled his shirt down, over his chest, Falcon began rifling through the drawers of his old dresser. There was a reason he had come to this house. In fear of his father finding it, Falcon had snuck into Glenn's house as he had done countless times before and had hidden it there. He knew Glenn wouldn't have gone through his things; the old man valued privacy above all other things, even if Falcon hadn't contacted him even once in the last five years.

He stuck his hand in the top left drawer, searching under the mound of socks for the feel of paper. After a few moments, Falcon's fingertips hit the smooth surface of the letter and he pulled out the folded paper, holding it in his hand for a moment before glancing in the mirror where the reflection of his sleeping Freya resided.

He would miss her. God knows he would. But he had to do this for her. He had to make himself a better person - someone she wouldn't have to fight the people around her for. Someone her father would let her marry.

Falcon knew what Freya's father wanted for her. He wanted someone with money; someone with power and influence. Falcon had none of that now, but he would.

He unfolded the letter carefully, the sound echoing throughout the silent room. Heaving a soft breath, Falcon's eyes scanned over the words he had memorised months ago.

June 2, 2018
Falcon Anders
17 Fremont Rd.
Angel Grove, CA 1993

Dear Mr Anders,

I was sorry to inform you of the passing of your uncle, Marius Bucșă.

As per our conversation over the telephone, Mr Bucșă devised and bequeathed the entirety of his business and estate to you. Among the paperwork I have sent you, you will find a copy of Mr Bucșă's last will and testament, as requested.

Should you be willing and able to receive Mr Bucșă's business and estate, please contact me to inform me as such.

Should you be unwilling or unable to receive Mr Bucșă's business and estate, please contact me shortly to determine where it could be received.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Jonathan Davenport
Director, Solicitor
Wills & Estates Office

Falcon's hands shook slightly as he pulled out the second page from behind the letter. His mind went blank as he stared at the page, not knowing the appropriate emotion to feel.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF
Marius Bucșă

I, Marius Bucșă, an adult residing at 7 Eden St, Bucharest, Romania, being of sound mind, declare this to be my Last Will and testament. I revoke all wills and codicils previously made by me.

Falcon's eyes scanned down the length of the page, the words blurring in front of his eyes before they came to a stop at the familiar curves of his name.