Chapter Four

Eli's Pov
"Eli, what are you?" Bella questioned to me her voice is a small tremble, I lifted my eyes up focused on watching Carlisle stitches up each of the cuts an across her arms. I flicked my eyes up to gaze at her, before speaking "I'm still human if that's what you are thinking." I called out briefly tucking strands of my hair away, after they fell from my bun.

"After you stayed here with dad, I stayed with mom and I made friends with some new people," I explained leaning my head back on the wall a bit even while he was still outside I felt Edward was reading my mind.

"Witches." Carlisle quickly questioned looking back at me amazed. "I knew I recognize the scent." He breathed out and I cracked a small crooked smile nodding.

"Yes, I am a witch in training which is why I didn't freak out when I met you guys cause I remembered your scent," I told them both with a soft smile before focusing my eyes back on Bella when she spoke.

"If you still are human why do you wear contacts?" She asked confused and I slowly took out the contacts putting them into their container blinking my slightly irritated brown eyes around.

"Whenever I use a spell my eyes flash purple so I wear contacts, and green seemed to fit my blonde hair well." I joked Carlisle chuckled looking back at Bella's arm.

"The spell you used tonight must have used a lot of power thank you, Eli." He told me and I gave him another soft smile placing the container in my sweats finally being able to relax leaning on the wall more.

"It was no problem, Carlisle, it could have ended up way worse tonight if I didn't at least try, I'm glad I was able to help." I called out looking back down. I glanced at the bracelet playing with it softly with a small smile.

This certainly has been a very wild birthday I've ever had, and at least now I don't have to hide that I am far from normal I'm weird and I kinda like it like that.

______________________
Finally, quite a few days pass after mine and Bella's birthday, and after a while, Edward seemed to be avoiding her which to my luck made her worry more than she usually does. I told her maybe he needs time to himself to get his thoughts right. I had my eyes shut as I sat in the middle of my bed trying to learn a certain spell to help me levitate which was hard to do considering I needed focus and to be relaxed. Slowly I opened my eyes confused looking over to the window, getting up off my bed going over to my window opening it and was in shock taking a step back.

"Edward what are you doing here?" I quick questioned in shock seeing him holding onto the window, his gaze not leaving mine.

"Can I come in?" He questioned in a small tone and I slowly nodding sitting back on my bed watching him climb into my room shutting the window behind him.

"Shouldn't you be talking to Bella?" I asked confused watching him keep his eyes on me.

"I will soon, but I needed to explain something to you first." He mumbled before trailing off.

"Your eyes aren't green anymore?" He questioned and I chuckled blinking a bit.

"I finally don't have to hide since you guys know I am a witch in training." I joked watching him smile looking at the ground.

"Your natural eyes are beautiful." He told me and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Thank you." I whispered watching him smile again nodding.

"I'm gonna explain this to you since it's all I know what to do, and knowing I hurt her like last time." He strained out. I looked at him confused not knowing what last time meant before nodding.

"I'm listening you can tell me." I told him watching him sigh in thought.

"Tonight me and my family are leaving and I only am doing this because I hurt Bella I feel like its the only way to protect her." He cracked out I don't know why I had the urge to give him a hug

But I know before I knew it I was up wrapping both my arms around him hugging him deeply. At first, he was shocked bit slowly he was hugging me back. I didn't mind the cold feeling from his skin, in a way it was relaxing.

"Don't worry I understand it is to protect her, I'll make sure she is okay, and that she doesn't do anything stupid, she is a stubborn but I promise," I told him feeling him squeeze me deeply rubbing my back.

"Thank you so much, Eli, this means a lot." He mumbled and I chuckled rubbing his shoulders a bit.

"She's my sister Edward I always will be here for her when she needs it, she's gonna be okay," I told him watching him pull away smiling as he looked down touching my bracelet.

"You're wearing it?" He asked curiously like and I slowly nodded.

"It was a birthday gift, of course." I giggled watching him smile before he pulled me into another big hug.

"Thank you, Eli, I really appreciate it, this is goodbye take care of Bella, also know this, even though we just met a few days ago you are very special and unique." He whispered to me.

I cracked another smile pulling away at him and before I could even really blink he was gone at the blink of an eye making me shocked I quickly went over to my window opening it seeing Edward going into the woods the connected our backyard with the woods.

I chuckled weakly laying my head on the window feeling the breeze go by shutting my eyes Bella is gonna have a meltdown I thought.