Chapter 11

When I got a block from the house I turned around to see Miguel 6 feet behind me. I took out my headphones. "Go home," I said. As he continued walking towards me. He stops a few inches away.

"No." He said tucking his hands in his jeans.

"It's 5 in the morning, Miguel. Go home." I said. He shook his head. "Please," I said. He lets out a breath of air.

"I'm too tired to walk that far." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Not use to walking?" I asked.

"I am just never walked for 2 hours straight. It surprises me that you can." He said.

"I can call Gale to see if you can stay at the house," I said pulling out my phone.

"Do I get to sleep in your bed?" He asked. I look up at him.

"Don't push it," I said. I dial Gale's number and he answers it.

"Hey, chica. What's up?" He asked?

"Miguel's too tired to walk home so he's staying the night," I said. He chuckles.

"Why is he tired?" He asked. I roll my eyes.

"Gale," I said in a warning tone. But he continued to laugh.

"Where were you two all night?" He asked.

"I'm hanging up now," I said. I cut him off as he tried to say something. "Let's go," I said turning around.

"Is he always like that?" He asked. I look at him as we walked to the house.

"You heard what he said?" I asked. He chuckled.

"He wasn't exactly quiet." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You make it sound dirty," I said. He chuckles.

"No, you just think dirty." He said.

We get to the house and I open the door. The party was done and cleaned up. Somebody was on the couch but I didn't know who. Gale comes from the kitchen and sees me. "Kyle is on the couch, David and William took the guest bedrooms. They got too drunk to leave. Not that I mind much." He said.

"Um, who are Kyle, David, and William?" I asked.

"My friends. I'll introduce you to them later today. But your boyfriend is gonna have to sleep in your room." He said walking away.

"He's not my-." I started until he was all the way upstairs. "Boyfriend." I finished with a sigh.

"So I do get to sleep in your bed," Miguel said. I turn to him and walk past him and walk up the stairs. I get to my room and open the door. I go to my closet and grab out a few blankets.

"No, you my friend are sleeping on the floor," I said going to lay the blankets out.

"Come on Aria. Your bed is a queen. The chances of me touching you are up to you." He said.

"How so?" I asked.

"I don't move around in my sleep." He said. I roll my eyes and set the blankets on my bay window. I grabbed one from the top and hand it to him.

"Fine," I said. He smiles taking the blanket from me. I pull my blanket from the bed and wrap it around my shoulders. I walk to the bay window and sit down at the other end the blankets weren't. I stare out to the water.

"You're not going to sleep there are you?" He asked.

"No. I just like watching the waves." I said.

"Aria, come to bed," he said. I turn to him seeing that he made him comfortable on my side of the bed. I giggle. "What?" He asked. I shake my head and get up.

"Nothing," I said going to the other side. I get on the bed and pull my blanket over me. I turned his way to see him staring at me. I stare back getting lost in his hazel eyes.

"I love your blue eyes." He said. I blinked once and closed them.

"Go to sleep Miguel," I said. The bed starts to shake and I open my eyes to see him still looking at me. He smiles. I close my eyes again and the bed starts to shake. "I thought you said you don't move in your sleep?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

"I lied." He said. I rolled over so my back was facing him.

"Go to bed," I said.

"Good night Aria." He said.

"Night Miguel," I said. My eyes began getting heavy and I felt the sleeping taking me in.

"Momma, you need help," Violet said as we were in the car on our way to meet dad at the airport.

"Violet I'm fine. I'm doing better. I haven't had any chances in two months." Momma said. I was shaking knowing she was lying.

"Momma, you attacked Aria last night when you were cooking. You cut her arm." Violet said. The car jolts to a stop in the middle of the road and momma's head swings back at me.

"You stupid child. You were told to keep your mouth shut. Your father is going to be home for a week once he leaves again you'll get your punishment." She said.

"Momma, leave her alone." Violet tried but she didn't budge. "Momma, I'm gonna tell daddy," Violet said. At the moment it felt like the world froze. Momma turned her head slowly at Violet and smiles.

"You are going to tell your father nothing," Momma said.

"Momma you need help," Violet repeated. Momma raised her hands to her throat.

"Violet you are going to keep your mouth closed." She said squeezing tighter. Violet choked.

"She won't say anything," I yelled. Momma looked at me and back at Violet as she nodded. Momma moved her hands and brought them to the stirring wheel. Violet and I stared a look of fear.

I sit up from my sleep. I was breathing heavily. My palms were sweaty. Hell, my body felt like it was on fire but I was cold. I still had my eyes closed. I feared she was going to be face to face with me if I opened them.

"Aria?" A soft voice said. I kept my eyes closed. "Hey? Are you ok?" I heard. An arm pulled me to their warm body. I smelled mint and aftershave. I opened my eyes and looked at him. Miguel looked at me with worry.

"Are you ok?" He repeated. I kept quiet but hugged him. He went stiff at first but loosened up and wrapped his arms around my body. My eyes were wetting his shirt. He took a deep breath. "It's ok Aria. I've got you." He said as he laid back down on the bed and I was laying on top of him.