24: The little demon's hidden potential (last part)

Aye! Double update lol

-

"That’s incredible, Yoongi!" Jungkook cheers and then he suddenly has his arms wrap around the little incubus' body in an enthusiastic hug, lifting him clean off the ground as he spins him around. "How come you never told me you were so good?!"

Yoongi giggles and cheers blissfully alongside Jungkook, wrapping his arms around his master's shoulders and hugging him close. "Well to be honest that was just for fun. I wasn't really being serious..."

Jungkook gently lowers the little demon back to the ground, and there’s suddenly a look of concern on his face.

"But maybe I shouldn't demonstrate my full power on you,” Yoongi says, his smile downturns as his delicate little fingers trace up the burn marks across his master's arm. "Let's save it for something you actually want dead," and with that thought, the demon’s back to smiling so brightly again. "Ooh, like maybe that stupid demon hunter!” he says with a swing of his hips and a playfully excited wag of his sharply pointed tail.

Jungkook only laughs and ruffles Yoongi’s hair, feeling a wave of affectionate for the little demon. "Don't worry, I can take a beating," he consoles, carefully flexing a hand and wincing a little when the skin stretches uncomfortably, but not enough to take away his mobility. "I should have some burn salve at home. If not, I can always mix some up."

Jungkook laces his fingers above his head, stretching his back out with a series of satisfying cracks. He sighs happily, his magic humming contentedly for once, instead of trying to crawl out from his skin. His muscles feel pleasantly sore and he’s briefly surprised at how lethargic he’s gotten before he remembered he hadn't actually slept for three days. Stifling a yawn, he automatically reaches out to grasp Yoongi’s wrist to lead him back to the school.

"Is it okay if we spar some more later?" Jungkook remembers to ask, absently brushing a stray twig from Yoongi’s hair. "We could probably use another bath. Or something to eat."

The incubus grabs a hold of the young mage’s hand tightly. Yoongi leans in close, carefully avoiding the burns he had accidentally caused. Yoongi had no intention of actually killing his poor, dumb, master. Not yet anyways. So maybe sparring isn't such a good idea. But he smiles and humors Jungkook, anyways. "How about next time, I'll be the one on the defensive." Yoongi says, chuckling. Despite not looking it, Yoongi is far less fragile than his master. But the demon had learned to not brag about his immortality, as his contract holders had a bad habit of taking advantage of it. It’s so much more fun for them to discover that little quirk of his all on their own.

"A bath sounds nice. Just don't freak out again,“ Yoongi mutters that last part under his breath before cheerfully continuing, "But if you want to feed me, that would be even better,” he smirks, like the mischievous little demon he truly is, his voice uncharacteristically deeper and sticky than usual.

Jungkook’s cheeks take on a pink tint hearing Yoongi's voice, the incubus didn't speak as cheery as he usually does. “I wasn’t freaking out,” he mumbles, recalling how he did, in fact, freak out and sent the poor little demon flying into a wall. He makes a mental note to himself, if he could repair the cracks later. “You just surprised me.”

All goodwill aside, Jungkook isn’t about to forget that Yoongi had also been trying to use some kind of hypnosis on him so he could try to eat him. He dearly hopes that it’s just a phase.

Stupid Jimin will never let him live it down if he finds out that Jungkook is eaten by his own familiar. Such a thing isn’t exactly unheard of . Jungkook makes a mental note to do some extra reading, especially on incubi. He wants to get a better idea of just what he’s getting into with Yoongi who’s clearly much more than he first appeared to be.

Jungkook stifles another yawn and absently scoops up Yoongi, carrying him in his arms so the demon wouldn’t have to keep beating his tiny wings. “I think I have some more ham back home,” he mutters to himself.

The demon looks so content to be held like a cute baby in his master's strong arms, until Jungkook dares to make a dinner suggestion. "Ugh!" Yoongi whines, like an actual baby. The very thought of being forced to eat a single bite of that revolting swine meat makes his stomach turn. "I don't want that kind of food,” he says in a huff.

Jungkook would know all this if he studied. But perhaps, it’s better for Yoongi’s sake that he didn't. The page he'd ripped out of Jungkook’s textbook spells it out pretty clearly. The incubus is much more interested in eating Jungkook for dinner.

Jungkook blinks down at him in bewilderment, like he has no idea why Yoongi is so vehemently against it. “What do you want to eat, then?” he asks, tilting his head cautiously. Did Yoongi have a problem with meat? Or was it just because it wasn’t… human flesh?

Jungkook opens his mouth to ask but abruptly closes it again when he suddenly feels a bunch of high-level auras approach from the direction of the castle. “Ah, shit,” he swears with a loud groan as he breaks off into a run with Yoongi securely in his arms, darting along the shadows in the trees. “It looks like we’re gonna get some company!”

Technically the forest is off-limits, particularly to a low-class student like himself. Jungkook almost wants to hit himself; what are they thinking, tossing around such showy magic?

Of course, someone’s going to notice.