|35| - Don't give a fuck

Ellie was in a full state of panic. She had no idea what to do, what to wear, where to go. She just wanted to snuggle to Taehyung who was sitting on her bed, trying his best to calm down the hysteric woman. But how could she chill when Jeongguk didn't tell her anything besides to get ready in 10 minutes.

"Damn, woman. Sit down, breathe in and out, it's nothing serious. You are not giving birth to a baby," Tae joked to light up the atmosphere.

"You sure about that?" she asked teasingly, eyebrows raised.

"What?!"

She laughed and mumbled a 'just kidding' between.

"God, don't try this on me. I thought Steven and you already had some action," he let out a dramatic sigh, enjoying this little play they started.

But of course, there couldn't be a day without someone having a bad timing and now it was the one and only Jeon Jeongguk who just appeared at the door, furrowing his eyebrows at the conversation he most likely just overheard.

Just great.

"We're leaving," a deep tone of Jeongguk's voice ringed in Ellie's ears as he immediately made his way out of her room, not bothering to check if she's going after him.

She turned around one last time before leaving, to get support from Taehyung, who showed her a thumb up. He promised her to wait in her room until she comes back in case she needs someone to complain to about how annoying Jeongguk is and yes, she is gonna need that.

"Where are we going?" Ellie asked as she finally caught up with Jeongguk.

"To the gym of course, and don't ask questions," he snickered back immediately.

"Jeez, chill. No need to be toxic," she mumbled to herself.

Jeongguk lead the way down the stairs to what she supposed was a basement of the mansion. The whole object was so huge, she wouldn't be surprised if her brother also had a whole Olympic swimming pool somewhere inside.

She thanked herself for choosing the outfit she was just wearing as she checked how the boy was clothed. His outfit was a combination of black sweats and an oversized plain shirt with a zip-up hoodie which gave it a best representation of a gym outfit. Ellie was also wearing a very similar outfit, sporty leggings and a purple shirt with a hoodie on.

When they finally seemed to be at the place, Jeongguk opened the half-glassed door and walked inside a room as first. She waited outside for a second until he turned the lights on and the room revealed a professional gym inside.

Thank god she was wearing those sport clothes because this seemed to turn into a real gym practise.

"Do whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't bother me," Jeongguk, who had his back facing her, blurted and headed towards the corner of the room.

Yes, she had a very strong urge to punch the asshole right then and there but clenched fists and decided to do whatever he ordered.

After all, she doesn't really care. If he doesn't want to talk, she won't. It's not like she's craving to talk to him or something.

What was awkward was the weird silence which was present in the room because the poor girl had no idea how most of those machines work.

She looked around, hoping to find something, anything, just so she could at least pretend to be doing something. She looked for something basic which she would know how to use instead of sitting here and watching the wall in front of her.

Her eyes fell on a treadmill. She knew how much she hated running but her experience with any other machines there didn't seem to give her any better choice.

Ellie was good at running and sport activities in general. She was great but it wasn't her thing. And if she didn't like something, she simply wouldn't do it. It was the same at school, she could be the best runner and athlete among all the girls in her class, but she didn't pressure it. In fact, she couldn't care less about the results.

She stepped on the treadmill and hoped she'd figure out how to turn it on. First, she cursed Yoongi inside her head for turning the engines off when he clearly could afford leaving them turned on for the whole year.

But then the cursing had to be delayed for later because the ground platform under her started to move and she was forced to start walking. The tool kept gaining the speed and she thought it wasn't going to stop.

Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for Jeongguk, who was quietly enjoying the view from the background, the speed was too high to keep up with even while running so she was forced to catapult herself and jump down from it, stumbling as she did so. Ellie realised Jeongguk seemed to notice since there was an expression of disbelief on his face at how clumsy she was.

Gulping, she turned her back on him to study the buttons more closely this time. She finally managed to customise the speed.

_________

"Fuck...I can't do this anymore."

She got off the treadmill, barely sweating but she had enough after those long 5 minutes of running.

Ellie was always like that, doing just what was necessary, never more. She didn't feel the need to do something more than needed, why would she?

Even at school, she knew she could be the best among all the girls, but she didn't want to. She didn't care about her sport accomplishments. And Jeongguk knew that, he didn't need to ask about it, he knew she must have had a great stamina and everything which was required to be really, really good.

But right now she was annoyed. She didn't know what to expect, but this wasn't it. Jeongguk could have at least tell her what she was supposed to be doing. He was the one her brother chose for some reason. He should have been more responsible.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jeongguk asked as he put down the dumbbells he's been holding.

"I already finished."

"You haven't even started," he said in disbelief, a drop of sweat running down his temple.

"Yes, I have," she spilled and went out of the room and Jeongguk didn't really care.

She needed to find out on her own.

____

𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛