The Dilemma - Chapters 5 & 6

5.

Mark was instantly pissed, and ran off, holding a wet wipe in front of his penis as he tried to chase down the indecent photographer.

The wet wipe gave no coverage as it flew in the wind leaving his large penis exposed.

I slipped on my dress, leaving my pantyhose and shoes on the blanket.

I grabbed Mark's pants and ran into the parking lot in the direction I'd seen him run.

I saw more flashes as the person jumped in a car that slowed only enough for him to hop in.

Then, they were gone.

Mark was livid. He looked down at himself, surprised by his own nakedness.

I hurried over to him and gave him his pants. I covered him with my body as he slid his pants on.

The people in the few cars that littered the parking lot were at full attention. I was sure that some of them probably got some pictures of their own on their personal cell phone cameras.

Mark directed me to wait in my car while he gathered the blanket and the rest of our things.

The next morning, I was awakened by the seemingly louder than usual ringing of my cell phone.

I loved the feeling of waking up in my beautiful home, next to my love.

Nights on the road were overrated.

I wiped my eyes until my vision went from blurry to clear.

I saw my cousin Shaquita's number displayed on my cell phone's caller ID.

"This better be good, Kita," I answered, annoyed.

"Shit, bitch that shit must have been good last night, you and Mark at the damn beach. Girl, I did not know Mark was hanging like that! Bitch, I see why you crazy 'bout that long, thick dick motherfucka," Shaquita said jokingly.

"Girl stop that, that's my hubby you are talking about."

"Oh yea, I forgot you get all sensitive about him and shit. Girl, you know once one of y'all got a nigga, he become like my cousin too. I don't even look at Mark like that. He's cuz to me, you feel me? So, stop trippin'."

"Yea, you're right, anyway how the hell you know we were at the beach last night?" I asked.

"Because y'all made the tabloid, bitch! Front page! Y'all naked but they got blurred spots over y'all privates. They have more pictures inside that they tried to blur, but some things just can't blur. Does Mark have a brother or somethin', cuz? I need one of them."

"One of what?" I asked.

"One of them big ass dicks, what the fuck you think I was ... Anyway, I'm not going there with you today, Meek. I'm proud of you! Let the wild side ride!"

"Proud of me. Really?" I asked, getting annoyed. "I'm going to sue for defamation! They can't just post my pictures."

"Girl, this is a new world. People take pictures and film everything. You are a celebrity; this is the life you chose. Look at it as like street cred. You make all these sexy songs, now there are pictures of you getting long-dicked. You are true to your music." Shaquita burst out into laughter.

"Shit ain't funny, Kita," I said with a smile I couldn't suppress.

My cousin always had a way of making me smile.

"What ain't funny," Mark asked in a voice heavy with sleep as he yawned and stretched.

"I'll call you back, Kita," I said, needing to tell Mark what was going on.