part 2

None of the guys slept very comfortably in the convenience store they would now live in. The only one who hadn't been forced on to the ground was Klaus, who slept on a singular cushion on the ground. He had been the first to spot it, and insured it would be his by saying the simple words: "Dibs."

Diego had been awake for quite a while before the others began to stir. He didn't do much else other than pace and think about all the events that led up to him getting stuck here, but he was content with doing that for over an hour.

Five actually deemed the floor quite a nice place to slumber, like most children would. Unfortunately, in the middle of the night he rolled over and face planted in a pile of chalk-like stuff that must have come from the cracked ceiling above. He quickly brushed the grey coating off his skin, and ran a hand through his hair just in case some had made its way up there. After cleaning himself up, he quickly fell back asleep.

But he was now awake, and didn't quite remember waking up in the night at all, though he was quite tired. He stretched his arms in front of his torso and let out a small yawn. He climbed from his knees to his feet and looked at Diego, who had finally stopped pacing and was looking out a window — or rather where one should be.

"Morning."

Diego didn't bother turning around, but exchanged the greeting.

Klaus had since been awoken too, and was currently fishing through his coat pockets for his small baggie of pills. Before falling asleep the previous night, he had made a very worrying discover, which was that he only had the one bag on his person. He pulled it out of the pocket between two fingers, and very swiftly opened the package and popped a pill, swallowing it.

Five was already facing Klaus as he wanted to ask how he slept, but decided to wait to ask until after Klaus was finished.

"Those are gonna be gone so quick. You won't last two days."

Klaus looks at Five, his stomach sinking slightly. He was already very concerned before Five had said anything, and the comment just made things worse.

"I'll figure it out," He replied.

"I'm not trying to be mean Klaus, but I know you won't last without them."

"Well what the hell am I supposed to do?" Klaus questioned, standing from his place on the cushion.

Five's turned away and strolled over to Diego, leaving Klaus without a response.

"We need food and water," Diego peered out the window once more before actually looking at Five.

"Well of course."

"I'll get it. I need some alone time anyway. You and Klaus can work on the shelter."

There was no dispute over Diego's offer. For Five, it was a good option because maybe he'd be able to work on actually using his powers. Klaus had of course assumed that by, "You and Klaus can work on the shelter," Diego meant only Five. Klaus' plans for the day would just be to sit and enjoy his second last high in the apocalypse.

Diego made his way out into the wasteland quite quickly, leaving Five muttering to himself over his frustrations about using his powers, and Klaus, who had sat back down on his lovely cushion in the typical meditation pose. He could already feel the newly taken pill kicking in.

Number Four opened his eyes. He looked at Five, who was still muttering to himself, but he was now holding the top half of a mannequin. It seemed to have lost its wig, and was dressed in a spotted blouse. Klaus had seen it earlier on the ground, but just assumed that it was apart of the store they were in.