ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ

"Well, well, little Number Five," Vanya chuckled, pacing in front of the boy.

He tried to move but his attempts all result in failure.

"Now, now.. We can't have you moving, can we?" She stepped up to him and moved her lips into a pout. "That's ruin my fun."

After tousling Five's hair, she turned her back to him. That's when they appeared. Allison, Luther, Klaus, and Diego, all in a line on their knees with a rope tying their wrists together and another doing the same to their feet. Klaus looked up from the ground and to Five, his eyes full of fear and practically screaming for help.

Luther furrowed his brow and stared intently at Five, "What are you doing, Five? Help us!"

"She's gonna kill us!" Allison screamed, her eyes filling with tears.

Five winced as tears filled his eyes as well. "I can't... I can't do anything."

Vanya laughed. "What was that?" She gave Five a smile. "They can't hear you."

"Five!" Diego called.

"You idiot, help us!"

The boy scanned over each of his siblings frantically as his breathing quickened.

Using her abilities of telekinesis, Vanya lifted Five in the air, cutting off his access to air. "Now.. which one should go first?" She smiled once more as she saw the fear running through him, and his panicked expression when he attempted to breathe.

Vanya finally set him down, still not allowing him to breathe, and moved her gaze along the line of Hargreaves children.

"Please... Vanya..." Five cried, struggling to speak from the lack of oxygen. "Leave... Them... Alone... They don't... Deserve it..."

Vanya shrugged, dismissing Five's pleas. "Killing the only things that matter to you is the best torture."

"No, no, please! Five, do something!" Allison yelled, tears pouring down her face.

Vanya moved Five so that he was directly in front of his brothers and sister, and let him breathe once more. "You're gonna need a front row seat."

Five sputtered as he tried to catch his breath. His sister rested her hands on his shoulders, sighing.

"Let's see... who to kill first? Not Klaus... He seems to hold a special place in your heart, so we'll save him for the finale. We'll begin with Luther." She lifted a hand, completely cutting off the huge man's breathing. "Aw, Space Boy wouldn't do so well on the moon without his mask."

Luther gasped for air, but nothing seemed to be entering his lungs. "F-Five..." He stuttered. He struggled for over two minutes before his face turned a bluish colour and he fell to the ground. Five is forced to watch the entire show.

Five tried to move again but still couldn't, and tears streamed down his face. "Please... stop..."

Vanya looked at Five and smiled. "How about our super star of a sister? How shall she die?" She let go of Five's shoulder and slowly walked toward the terrified girl. Pulling a knife from within her pocket, Allison's throat was quickly slit. Blood began gushing from the wound in scarlet ribbons that fall down onto the floor. She pressed her hands to it to stop the bleeding, but this is to no avail. Hands are no tourniquet or bandage. She looked at Five before falling lifelessly to the ground.

"I'm sorry..." He felt the stiffness in his arms ease away slightly and was able to bring them up to his face to cover his mouth, his sobs echoing throughout the room.

"Shall we move on to Diego?" She opened a box of knives that seemed to appear out of thin air. Once again using her powers, making each knife levitate. With the blink of an eye, they were all fired at Diego. Five can see Number Two was about to speak — presumably to beg for his life — but didn't have the time. As if in slow motion, it was easy for Five to see every single weapon as it impaled Diego.

"Lastly, let's eliminate this pesky drug addict that you seem to really like," Vanya laughed.

Klaus started pleading for her to rethink her decision, but is instantly shut up when she unveiled a glass container full of water. It looked very similar to the ones used in magic tricks shown on television; a glass tube perfect for trapping a human inside. He struggled relentlessly against his restraints, but this only resulted in rope burns and bleeding wrists.

"Now how about we go for a swim?" Within seconds, Klaus' spot amongst the dead bodies was empty and he was inside the tank. He makes a regrettable decision and screams, air bubbles leaving his lungs. He looked around in desperation for something, anything, that could save him.

Vanya turned back to Five and stared at him blankly before saying, "I guess I'm the last to go." She pulled a gun from her back pocket and, just before lifting the frozen sensation from Five's body, shoots herself in the head. Her body falls to the ground instantly with a thud.

Fives quickly stumbled over to the tank, punching the glass but not getting anything besides blood dripping from his knuckles. "No, no, no..."

Klaus looked at Five and started banging his head against the container to hopefully free himself, desperate for air.

Five's voice is a scream at this point. "No! No!" He continued at his attempt to break the glass, ignoring the pain that surged through his hands with every impact.

The man inside the tank's chest felt as though it's about to implode, and his body forced him to take a breath. The water filled his lungs painfully and he stared at Five, who kept punching until his legs trembled and gave out under him, his punches slowly turning to light taps. Stains of blood cover Five's side of the glass. He looked up just in time to see Klaus take another breath underwater, then fall lifeless.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Five muttered repeatedly. He wanted to help his siblings, but he couldn't.

Suddenly, a very warped and quite scary version of his sister Allison appeared behind him, and with a very scratchy voice whispered, "W didn't you help?"

Five brought his hands to the back of his neck. "No... I'm so sorry..." He shut his eyes and allowed countless tears to fall.

Then, a wispy and chilling, just like Allison, rendering of Klaus formed in front of Five. "You killed us."

Five shook his head as he began to believe the spirits. "I didn't mean to... I tried..." He opened his eyes to look at the ghosts of his siblings, but jumped and immediately closed them again.

"Why didn't you save us?"

"I couldn't..."

"You killed us."

"You killed us."

"You killed us."

"You killed us."

"You killed us."

"You killed us."

The chanting turned into horrible screams of anger and pain. Wails rang out through the room.

"I'm sorry!" Five screamed. He pressed his hands tightly over his ears and kept screaming, just wishing the ghosts would stop.