Part 1

Manchester
14:00

Eobard took his time to heading back at his home, the League must have past in code red since he took Bart with him. If he used his speed he knows all his plan will failed and he couldn't help Bart. But being married and have a child was the best thing that could happen to him besides this situation help him to hide his identity even the Justice League can't find him whatever they do.

For now he has to stop to think at them and concentrate on his father role. He met his wife Brenda at Los Angeles. It's when he returned in the future he discover Bart's existence. But it's at the moment he saw for the first and last time his daughter he understood than Bart was his grandson. To keep Bart's alive in the future, he send some letters to the boy with food. However everything change the day the young speedster discover who send him letters and he didn't follow anymore Zoom's advice. But there's one project Bart continued without his help: the time machine but Bart use it to defeat the Reach, at least this would gave a chance to a better future for Meloni and for this Eobard was thankful to Bart but seeing the youngest speedster with the Flash made him sick.

When he arrived to his house, he repelled those thoughts and open the door.

"I'm back." he declare

"I wonder when you'll get back." answer Brenda

"And what are you cooking ?"

"Your favorite meal ?"

"I see... And where is Meloni ?"

"I don't know..." Brenda thought for a few minutes and she answer "Don't tell me she is again there. I told her to let the boy alone."

"Don't worry, it's nothing. It's normal at her age to be curious."

"Still... When you bring him here three weeks ago, he was in a pretty bad shape. I can't believe he is our grandson from the future and with the metagene. And the fact you got the same metagene than the Flash but you hide it until you came up with Bart."

"I'm sorry but I didn't know how to annunce it." said Eobard

Brenda sighed "That's fine but you sure it's a good idea to heal him here ? I mean.... I know you're competent with medecine but wouldn't be better to bring Bart at the hospital ?"

"And bring a boy who still doesn't exist, tell them he came from the future and finish in a prison or something like this. Besides the Justice League would be interest and I don't want our family be implicate in their business, they have more important thing to do." countered calmly Eobard

"I understand your position."

"I should see if there's any news and to be assure that Meloni didn't touch anything who could be too dangerous for her."

He left the kitchen to go upstairs and heading towards where he kept Bart. As soon he opened the door he saw her daughter on Bart's bed, watching him with her big golden eyes, looking curiously at the boy that her father bring at their home three weeks ago, although she didn't know why, her head really close from Bart

"How did you do to be at the edge of his bed ?" Meloni raised her head and a smile appear on her face

"Daddy !" she exclaimed at the second she saw Eobard

"Yes, it's me sunshine."

He approached, sat up at the other edge of the bed and check Bart's arm with a perfusion. Her wife thought it was for the pain but in reality the liquid was a drug who will permit to fragilize a little Bart's spirit by recalling him bad memories of the time he was a slave but not completely. The true victory will be if Bart join his side after all of this and he ask to Zoom to help him to make pay Blue Beetle. It was the only thing Eobard found to have Bart with him.

"Not touching." said Meloni, imitating her father face and at this Eobard smile

"That's true for you but me I know what I'm doing." Meloni tilted her head to follow what her father was doing but she raised it when she heard a noise coming from the young speedster.

"Awake ?" she asked for herself, she leaned over Bart and she heard better what he was saying

"Thad..." and she saw a tear on Bart's cheek

"Him, sad."

"Yes because he lost many persons who were close to him." Eobard revealed.

Meloni nodded her little head and for easing Bart pain she kiss his forehead and allounge near to Bart and slept at the surprise of Eobard. But what shock him the most was what Bart muttered.

"Thank you.... Mom."

"Very good, Bart. You made some progress."

"Blue... No... don't do it ! The Reach is controlling you... You have to fight back them... Please, don't kill... them. Mom, Thad.... No, no... Jaime what you've done ? I believed in you, I loved you, I came back for you and it's how you thank me ?"

"Forget him, Bart. All that Blue Beetle bring to you is pain and despair. He will never love you. But now, in the past you can prevent everything and make him pay. You can avenge them, both of your brother and mother." he told to Bart, caressing the hair of his grandson.

"I know when you will be awake, you know what you have to do." he said.

Eobard get up, he took Meloni in his arms and get out of the room, leaving Bart with a new pocket of his "medicament" who will running through his body.