Part 4

Manchester
21:00

Brenda was in Bart's room, watching him while she had time. She never have the occasion to look him closer either becajse it was her husband who check if everything was clean or her daughter, Meloni. She saw that the boy inherited her hair color like Meloni but for his eyes she had to wait until he woke up. She brought the sheets up to better cover Bart and prevent him from catching cold.

She was about to leave but she heard her grandson groaned and start moving like he was stirring up from his long sleep. She return to his side and took his left hand, it's at this moment she noticed a little bracelet around his wrist.

"I wonder who give it to you, Bart."

Brenda saw the boy to start open his eyes and get up slowly in his bed. Only he loose his balance and she catched him before he falls.

"Stay calm, Bart, you need to recuperate slowly."

"Who are... you ? And where... am I ?"

"Apparently I'm your grandmother Brenda. Or that's what suppose my husband. And you're-"

"Brenda as Brenda Thawne ?" interrupted Bart

"Yes but why do you..." before she could finish, Bart get out from his bed, took his shoes and went towards the exit of the room "Where are you going, Bart ?"

"I'm so sorry, grandma but I can't stay here if he discover I woke up then..."

"Then what, young man ? No one is going to hurt you."

Bart froze completely when he heard this familiar voice, he turned around to see Eobard at the door with Meloni in his arms. I doomed his the only thing he could think

"In fact you're gonna to hurt yourself if you keep moving. But I prefer to check by myself. Brenda could you please take care of Meloni ?"

"Sure."

"No no.. stay with daddy !" Meloni exclaimed as her mother take her, leave the room and shut the door. Eobard look at them, then he face Bart who look at him with anger and his right eye has turn gold

"No need to make this look Bart and if you want to free this power, free it against Blue Beetle. I'm not your enemy, I'm here to help you."

"That's a lie ! The only thing you care about is to kill the Flash and to accomplish that goal, you ready to turn me against everyone !"

"And what you're going to do, grandson ? You can't escape and even if you attempt it will fail because I will catch you before you leave this house or this room in your current state."

"True enough but that doesn't mean I will join you."

"Why you have to make things so complicate, Bart ?" sighed Zoom "Have you forget what he done ? How you were weak when this happen ? How the time slow down when he murdered them in front of you ?" asked Eobard, annoyed and walking in circles "And still you let him live. Even if you change the future, there's still a chance he betray the humankind. The smallest dramatic event could turn him into the monster you knew."

"You don't know anything about Jaime. You're just jealous of the time I pass with him, with the team or with grandpa Barry !" replied Bart

"Don't ever mention him as your grandfather, he didn't deserve it. Must I recall who kept you alive all this time or who advice you to survive ? Without me, Bart, you'll be already dead."