Haven Chapter 10 Forward

Haven
Forward
Chapter 10

There had and always would be a before and after Maron's passing. This sterile building with its echoing white walls and long hallways, constant commotion, the pervasive smell of antiseptic represented the “before.” Daegan wanted to just get Lily the hell out of this place that either made people better or swallowed them whole into the basement morgue for good.

Being alone, waiting to see her, he tried to push these thoughts away. Lily was the one he could help now. But being that he was not next of kin, he had to simply wait to find out from her, what her condition was. Daegan had asked if there was any family he should call. There was no one. And Lily insisted he did not contact Henry either. Now sitting alone, he realized that Henry was more part of this than he, but it was Lily's decision. 

Daegan cherished being able to take care of her now.

That left him with the only option to call his own family. As soon as Bonnie heard his description of the events which brought them to the hospital, she was going to meet them there. But Lily was to be released. There was no point.

When did this shift in their relationship change? Daegan wondered. From being on opposite sides of a desk, distant, and only knowing each other through formalities, to being her friend and in a waiting room for her during a medical emergency... She asked for him. And he stepped into the tiny curtained off area. The color had been somewhat restored to her face. The I.V. dripped into her arm and a few other blinking lights showed numbers on monitors next to her. But what lifted his heart and made him realize he hadn't taken a deep breath this whole time, was the subtle smile on her face when she saw him come into the room as she put her hand out to him.

The nurse left and she was able to explain to him in private. The chemical pregnancy/miscarriage had been so early on, she would not have to stay for any more procedures, but would need, rest, antibiotics, and to take her temperature regularly.

“Is it wrong that I'm a bit relieved?” she offered as more of a statement than a question. Henry was the responsible party, but she was firm about not wanting to talk to him. Henry was blissfully unaware.

Daegan squeezed her hand, “No one has any right to tell you how to feel about this Sweetheart,” he assured her with a chaste kiss on the forehead, “but your emotions could change over time, back and forth, ” he left out the part about having seen his late wife go through the same predicament, early in their marriage.

Lily was so ready to go “home” when she was assured that she was well and out of the woods. 
“Let's get you home and comfortable," Daegan had her trust.

Author's Note:
I've finally gotten the motivation to continue this story. However, I think I may skip a few years into the future with Daegan and Lily. 
Thanks for reading xoxo 💞