Three

And it was Paris. And me and my best friends and my father were in Paris and it was us against the rest of the universe. Paris. In France. I tried out the word in my head a few more times for good measure. It was perfect. We claimed our bags and took a cab to our hotel. As soon as we got to our ginormous room, all three of us slept. And slept some more. For 12 hours, nonstop we slumbered on, oblivious to the world around us.

        Jordan woke up first. When I opened my eyes, I found her perched calmly on a huge blue armchair reading on her phone. When she saw me, she grinned like we had a secret. "We just so happen to be in a luxury hotel room in Paris, France." She noted. I looked around like I was noticing for the first time.

        "Well, would you look at that?" I replied, "I guess we are." I smiled, got up, and turned to my sleeping father. "Wakey wakey, Daddy-O" I said quietly, shaking his shoulder. "Time for some French stuff to happen."

        "Five more minutes," Dad groaned and rolled over off of his bed, hitting the hardwood floor with a hollow thump. Jordan and I laughed at the startled expression on his face, and he stood up groggily. 

"What are we doing first?" Jordan asked Dad, and he muttered something about the Louvre. The Louvre!! That was cool. Jordan grinned and said, "Time for clothes," and I couldn't help but agree. It was already 9:39 AM! I rushed to put on the cute outfit I'd laid out on the bed the night before, and Jordan pulled on her typical jeans and a t-shirt.

        "Still no skirt?" I asked her. She crinkled her nose and said,

        "Dude, never ever ever." I was pretty sure Jordan hadn't worn a skirt since 4th grade. And it didn't look like that was going to change anytime soon. She pulled her curly brown hair into a messy ponytail and sat down on the floor cross-legged.

        "You're all ready?" I asked, kind of astonished. 

        "Yeah, I mean what else is there to do?" I was taken aback by this. I'd started wearing makeup in the 8th grade. That's just how Jordan is, never needing to do anything to look good. She was an enigma wrapped in a mystery tied with a puzzle. Jordan stood up and walked towards the door, grabbing my phone. 

        "Hey!" I said. "Give that back."

        "Not till you're out the door, dude." She unlocked it and started playing Flappy Bird with the sound on.