School talk.

I get home and put the pictures in the scrapbook, I smile while looking at the pictures. I can't see them well but I still love them.  I send a picture to Josie. She texts back,
"Cute! Did you show Caleb?"
"No... Should I?"
"Yes, eventually"
I sigh, I guess I will, but not today!

I wake up the next morning and my regular schedule happens; puke, makeup, clothes and hair. Today I wore the crop top I got, leggings and a shawl. I head downstairs and go help with chores.

I'm greeted by Silvia, she nuzzles my neck. I take out a few sugar cubes and give it to her,
"Here you go." She eats them as quickly as possible.
I finish helping with chores and head in. My parents are in the living room waiting for me.
"Evelyn, we have to talk." My fathers voice drops so I know it's serious. I walk over and sit across from them,
"Okay...?"
"We need to decide what you're going to do for school. You can continue to be public school or you can be homeschooled."
This didn't shock me, I knew this was going to be an option and I already planned my answer,
"I'll continue going to public school! I won't have to worry much about my baby yet. Plus hardly anyone will tell for the first few weeks" I put my arm across my belly, there was only a small bump, hardly noticable.
"Okay, if you ever decide to switch we can do that!"
"Okay, but I'd like to finish the year."
"Okay!" I hug them and I head upstairs remembering I have holiday homework, ugh!
School starts tomorrow so I take the rest of day studying with a few pee breaks and for snacks.

I go to bed early so I will be energized for tomorrow. I wake with the sunrise, nausea settles in. I didn't puke today which was a relief. I take a shower and get ready, I today am wearing a plain black t-shirt with a white sweatshirt and leggings. Downstairs my siblings are getting ready, my dad is doing my sisters hair while my mom is serving Oatmeal bake. I sit down and take my serving.
"I called the school today to tell them about your baby, I told them we will be a bit late! They want you to go to the nurses just do a short check up, okay?"
"Thanks Mom!" She kisses my cheek. Chris walks in,
"Chris, you should be ready for school!" My mom looks him up and down as if he is going to school in pajama pants.
"Ugh, I forgot about school!" Chris hurries up the stairs to change.
My mom hands me a special packed lunch, I put it in my backpack.
"Thanks Mom!"
The high school bus pulls up as Chris runs down.

I head to the nurses office, the walls are covered with posters, events and clubs. There are lockers filling the halls. I make it to the nurses office where a woman who is somewhat in her fifties.
"Fill this out, okay!" She hands me a clipboard asking simple questions. She checks my weight and my blood pressure. After that she sends me to class. I have math first.

I sit in my chair, but soon I am shadowed by a girl, and not just any girl...