Chapter Forty Four

━━━━     /     CHAPTER FORTY FOUR. . .
Scream ✷ teen wolf

━━━━━ ∙ ∙ ∙ ━━━━━

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" Sheriff Stilinski asked Scott as he Stiles, Scott, and Eve walked out of the school and into the parking lot.

"Yes." Scott answered.

"I saw him too." Stiles confirmed.

"What about you Eve?" Sheriff Stilinski asked the redhead.

"I got here after them but if they say it was Derek Hale then I believe them." Eve responded.

"What about the janitor ?" Scott asked.

"We're still looking." Sheriff Stilinski answered.

"Did you check under the bleachers ? Under them ?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing." Sheriff Stilinski responded.

"I'm not making this up." Scott said.

"I know, I believe you, I do." Sheriff Stilinski said.

"No, you don't. You have this look like you feel bad for me. Like you wanna believe me, but I know you don't." Scott exclaimed.

Sheriff Stilinski sighed, "Listen - We're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay ? I promise."

"Sheriff !" A deputy shouted to Sheriff Stilinski.

"Stay. All of you." Sheriff Stilinski said to the trio before walking off.

"Well, we survived, guys. You know ? We outlasted the alpha. It's still good, right ? Being alive ?" Stiles said.

"When we were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us ? You don't think it knew exactly where we were ?" Scott said.

"Well, then how come we're still alive ?" Eve asked.

"It wants me in its pack. But I think, first - I have to get rid of my old pack." Scott replied.

"What do you mean ? What old pack ?" Stiles asked.

"Allison. Jackson, Lydia. You two." Scott answered.

"The alpha doesn't wanna kill us." Stiles realized.

"It wants me to do it. And that's not even the worst part." Scott said.

"How in holy hell is that not the worst part, Scott ?" Stiles asked.

"Because when he made me shift - I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you. All of you." Scott answered looking down.

When Scott looked up he saw Deaton and walked over to him with Eve and Stiles.

"There you are." Deaton said while the EMT checked his blood pressure while he sat on the back of the ambulance.

"How - ? How did you -" Scott stuttered.

"Get out ?" Deaton finished. "Not easily. And from what they tell me, I'm alive because of you. I think I owe you a raise."

"Guys, come on, let's let the EMT's do their job. You can talk to him later." Sheriff Stilinski told the teens leading them away from the ambulance. Scott then spotted Allison and ran after her.

Eve turned to Stiles "So are you ready to help me figure out what I am?" She asked him.

"Lets to do it."