Rejection

(A/N: credits to Shion Chi Neko for the beautiful fanart! 😊😊😊)

That night, the rumors that’re actually true about the sect leaders of two prominent clan fighting spread like a wildfire. It created a commotion and the people began to take sides, but clearly they’re going to take Jiang Cheng’s side since Jiang Cheng manages two sects – YunmengJiang and LanlingJin sect. However, the commotion isn’t as big as that night after the two sect leaders’ exchange of words – and of the GusuLan Sect’s shock received.

Last night –

Jiang Cheng just raised his brows. “Does sect leader Lan take me for a fool?” he asked. “Are you holding my studying in your sect when I was young to call me a ‘brat’?” he asked, then smirked. “Well, I’ll just take it as a compliment since this brat gave you that damage.” He said and looked at as new blood trickled out of Lan Xichen’s mouth.

Lan Qiren and the elders of the GusuLan sect immediately checked Lan Xichen’s pulse. “His cultivation…” Lan Qiren said, his face serious. “It was slightly damaged.” He said as he stared at Lan Xichen’s face.

“Wait, Qiren.” The other elders called, their face still puzzled. “The forehead ribbon…” they said as they looked at Lan Xichen, then Jiang Cheng back and forth.

Hearing that, Lan Qiren’s face paled. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian looked panicked. “About that – “ Lan Qiren said.

“Sect leader Jiang has my first forehead ribbon.” Lan Xichen said. “What I’m wearing now is my second forehead ribbon. You can check it if you want. Or you can have uncle’s word.” Lan Xichen said and glanced at Lan Qiren who’s glaring at him.

“Qiren… is what he said true?” the elders asked as they looked at Lan Qiren.

“… yes.” Lan Qiren answered through his gritted teeth.

“Then – “ the elders said and looked at Jiang Cheng. “ – that means…” they said, their face indescribable as they didn’t continue their words when they saw Jiang Cheng glaring at them. To inflict damage towards Lan Xichen… Jiang Cheng sure has gone too far in his cultivation. Admiring! They thought, pleased.

However, Jiang Cheng is not the least bit pleased. He looked at Lan Xichen, his eyes as cold as ice. “I didn’t dare try to think sect leader Lan is capable of dragging someone through mud.” He said, his voice laced with so much poison sending chills down to your spine. His face is calm, but his inside is not.

“Jiang Cheng…” Wei Wuxian called. He bit his lip and glared at Lan Xichen.

Lan Wangji’s shoulder fell when he saw his wife glaring at his brother. “Brother – “ he called.
Lan Xichen ignored them still. “What are you talking about? Marrying me is going through mud?” he asked, smiling.

“Oh. Right. It’s not.” Jiang Cheng said, realizing. “It’s worse than going through mud.” He looked at Lan Xichen in the eye. “It’s a living hell – “ he said, then stopped when he saw Lan Xichen’s dark expression. He calmed himself. “I won’t be marrying anybody. Not today, not even the coming days, weeks, months or years.” He said. “I decide who I marry.” He said, then glanced at Wei Wuxian. “Thanks.” he whispered, then turned to the YunmengJiang and LanlingJin sect disciples. “Let’s go.” He told them.

“Yes!” they answered as they carried the sleeping Jin Ling and Jin Guangyao’s corpse.

“Wait!” Lan Xichen called. “I said, ‘wait’ – ngh!” he cried when Lan Qiren slapped him.

Their eyes went wide, shocked. The GusuLan sect disciples suffered great shock tonight. “Enough!” Lan Qiren yelled. “We’ve suffered enough shame because of you!” he told him, mad. It hurts to see his nephew like this, and hurts him more since this is the first time he hurt his nephew. “We’re all tired.” He said, his voice soft and tired. “Let’s go home first. Let’s talk about this tomorrow.” He said and walked away. The elders followed him, as well as the disciples.