Chapter 2: The Tesseract

Year: 2012
POV: Normal

In Mexico City, at the dead of night, there was a helicopter flying towards a base with high level of security. When the helicopter landed Nick Fury, with a woman behind him, Agent Hill, stepped out of it and started walking towards a man in a black suit, waiting for them.
"How bad is it?" Fury asked, while all three of them started to go inside the base.
"That's the problem, sir. We don't know." answered the agent that waited for them, his name is Agent Coulson. "Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."
"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury stated since this project was at the top of his desk, he knew the in and outs of this operation.
"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Coulson said as a response.

The three of them continued to discuss about the project until they were in the operation center. There were scientists with clipboards in hand writing down numbers. But the main item that had their undecided attention, the Tesseract. A blue, glowing cube that surged with power.
It was strapped up to many machines, trying to take its power. Then walking into Fury's view, Dr. Erik Selvig, the main scientist of the Tesseract.
"Director." he said with a simple nod.
"Talk to me doctor." Fury said, needing answers right now.
"The Tesseract is misbehaving." Selvig stated, a straight of face as ever.
"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asked, finding nothing funny in this situation.
"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's...misbehaving." Selvig said not seeing anything funny in this either.

While they were discussing about the object, a man on top of a pillar was looking down into the situation. His name is Clint Barton A.K.A Hawkeye.
"Where's Barton?" Fury asked needed the opinion of an agent of his.
"The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual." Selvig said, thinking it was not important in the situation.
Agent Barton rappeled down when Fury asked for him on what he thought of the machine.

As they were talking, the Tesseract started to make sparks and going haywire. As it reached it's climax, everything was flying everywhere. Most of the scientists had run for their lives, except for Fury, Coulson, Hill, Selvig and Hawkeye, waiting to see what happened.

A portal suddenly opened into the emptiness of space. And as quickly as it appeared, it was gone, but in it's place was a figure. He was dressed in a ancient outfit mostly black and gray. There were hits of green also in the suit. He was wearing a golden halmet with two bull-like horns. What made this man seem so powerful was the weapon he held in his hand, a golden spear with a blue, glowing gem in the middle of it.

Fury was staring at the man with a hint of worry in his eyes.
"Sir. I'm going to have to ask you to put the spear down." he yelled at the man. The figure starred at his spear and then at Fury, then thrusting his spear at machinary in the lab. Energy surging though the spear and destroying the lab area.

Several guards run up to the stranger, but it was useless as he beat with a few precise hits on them. Hawkeye tried to raise his gun to aim at the stranger, but it was too late since the stranger had the tip of his spear on his chest.

"You have heart." as the man said this a energy went through the spear and into Barton. His eyes changed a glowing blue and he stood perfectly still after that. As this was happening, Fury took this as a opportunity to take the Tesseract out of the machine and into a briefcase.

"Please don't. I still need that." the man said looking at the case.

"This doesn't have to get any messier." Fury said turning towards him.

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." the now pronounced 'Loki' stated with such purpose. Selvig, suddenly remembering that name that he heard in Texas.

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" Selvig started to move towards Loki.
Fury, knowing the Thor and his people, started talking to Loki.

"We have no quarrel with your people."

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot." Loki stated, proving that the statement was useless.

"You planning on stepping on us."

"I come with glad tidings, a world made free."

"Free from what."

"Freedom. Freedom is life's greatest lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." as Loki was about to finish, as quick as lighting, he pressed the spear on Selvig's chest.

"You will be free." And what happened to Braton, the exact same happened to Selvig's, becoming a slave to his master.

"Yeah, you say peace, I think you mean another thing." Fury said, trying to buy some time as he noticed the Tesseract's energy in the room was starting to build. Seeing this, Barton intervened.

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us."

"Like the Pharaohs of Old."

"He's right. The portal is collapsing on itself. You got maybe 2 minutes before it goes critical." Selvig stated, trying to get his master to safety.

"Well then..." Loki didn't need to finish as Barton took out his gun and shoot Fury. The master and his servants left the lab and into a vehicle, even with the questions from Agent Hill.

Fury managed to get to his com and send Hill a message, telling her not to let Loki escape. It was too late, as Loki was already driving away from her, but this did not stop her from persuading them in her Jeep. This gave Fury enough time to get into his own car and get the Hell out of there. Coulson was also trying to help by getting people out.

Booooooooom

And as quickly as this event had started, it had in a major explosion. The energy from the Tesseract being the cause, Fury was a distance away, Coulson safe too and Hill being injured by rumble was still good, her Jeep... not so much.

"So the general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for the briefcase." Fury said, needi the energy source back.

"Roger that."

"Sir, what do we do?"

After hearing this question from Coulson, Fury looked off in the distance. One plan coming to mind.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

................. The Avengers .....................
---------------------------------------------------------
Sup guys R*** here and I still am going to write this story since I love to do this. Shout out to the person who made the comment about my '#ilostmyvirgintytothiscoffee' joke.
You made me laugh that day. So that's it for me. So bye all you amazing people.