Just Us

Pewds' POV

I could hear Cry's voice but not his words.

I could hear that he was crying.

I could hear a chainsaw and then stuff sliding.

Then it was just his voice.

I don't know what he was whispering but it helped with the pain.

I drifted back into unconscious slumber.

Someone's hands were in my hair but I didn't mind.

I like that.

My leg was incredibly sore.

I blinked my eyes and looked up at a defined, small chin framed by long dark brown locks of hair.

It was Cry.

I smiled and moved my head.

I had a terrible headache.

"You're awake!" He exclaimed and the smile broke out from ear to ear. We stared at each other for so long it became awkward and we blushed. I tried to sit up but fell back into his lap. My head was pounding and my vision spun.

"Hey, just take it easy," he said and his hands on me soothed me more than they should have.

"How long has it been?" I asked groggily and shut my eyes. Not necessarily because I was light headed but more because for some reasoning couldn't handle being this close to his eyes. I didn't trust my feelings.

"Too long," Ken said.

"You've been unconscious for hours," Cry reiterated. Putting on a different voice, I noticed when ken walked over. Not soft and caring but rough and manly.

I was too comfortable in his lap.

I tried to sit up and they helped me up so I was resting against the wall beside cry. This was somewhat worse because now I was resting against his shoulder.

And I was too comfortable leaning into him then I should have been.

He obviously didn't mind.

"What happened to my leg," I asked pressing my eyes shut. Ken left again and we spoke softly. I like Cry's voice when he talks like that. Like I'm the only person.

Wait. No I don't.

He turned to me and I kept my eyes shut as he spoke smoothly and gently.

"Well Tuesday managed to fix your leg with a bulldog clip and some matches and some weird stuff in her bag. I really don't know. Texans," he tried to laugh but his tone was too hushed and intimate.

"Will I be able to walk?" I asked but I had a feeling the answer would be a no.

His silence was enough of an answer.

"Eventually," but he didn't sound too sure after minute.

His face was turned 45° to his right and my head leant just above his right shoulder. My forehead in his long hair.

We weren't looking at each other but we appreciated each other.

And I know it should have been weird and wrong but it wasn't.

It was just us.