Saving animals

Dawn slithered out of the clay and into the water where he swished around to get clean. He jumped out of the water laughing as the sunlight greeted him. Soon he was on his way to the jungle.
He was there in a few second, having regained his speed from the minerals in the clay, and immediately set out to find the most endangered species of this jungle. While finding this species Dawn ran into other trouble, like a monkey trying to steal a banana from her sister, so Dawn threw a banana at the thief and humphed.
The day was spent and Dawn began to clear a campsite for himself. Soon his campsite was ready, he let out a few bubbles and went sweetly to sleep.
The next morning Dawn awoke to a feeling of danger, there slithering beside him was a big snake, and it was headed for a nest full of eggs, the mother birds were squabbling away as Dawn slithered over to the eggs and wrapped around them. Now they were too big for this snake and it reluctantly left.
Dawn found many animals to save when he left the jungle and went to the forest. He saved several raccoons from an eagle, and some ducks from an eagle. He finally decided that he should go back to the jungle to complete his mission though.
When he arrived the endangered species sat right in front of him.
🐝🐛🐌🐞🐜🕷🦀🐍🐢🐡🐋🐊🐅🐆

This chapter is pretty short, I'm wondering if I should actually just do several short books and have like Dawn's escape, Dawn lives in town, Dawn saves animals,.... Etc.
Any ideas?