Chapter 12

Olivia's POV

I was going to the Bernabeu. I was going to the Bernabeu with Sergio Ramos. I wouldn't have have thought of this in my wildest dreams. I was wearing the black Real Madrid shirt. The bell rang and I opened the door.

"Hey," Sergio smiled at me.

I'd met him twice now and his smile still made my stomach do a somersault.

"Hi," it came out a lot more breathy then I intended.

The car ride was short and mostly silent. He was nervous, I could see it in his tense shoulders and the way he gripped the steering wheel.

Paparazzi stormed the car as soon as we got to the gates. I knew my face was going to be all over Spanish media tomorrow.

"Time to show them what you got," we hugged and parted ways.

The atmosphere in the stands was electric. Even after the disappointment from three days ago, the people of Madrid had turned up to support their team.

The game kicked off. Barcelona were sitting deep in their half and Madrid dominated most of the first half. The main talking point being the collision between Sergio and Messi.

Second half kicked off and somehow Rakitic got in behind Reguilon and was able to outpace Sergio and execute a perfect chip over one of the tallest goalkeepers in the game at the same time. That's how it ended. 1-0 to Barcelona.

I got into the tunnel to see the guys. My eyes caught some movement at the end of the tunnel. It was Sergio. He was sitting on a bench, head buried in his hands. I could've sworn he was crying before I got there because his eyes were red.

He looked up at the sound of footsteps, saw it was me and buried his face in his hands again.

"Winning today wouldn't have made up for everything we've put the fans through this season, but it was a small shot at redemption and we blew it," he said.

"You guys did everything you could, all of you," I sat down next to him,"football has just been really cruel to you guys this week. You were the better team and you know that."

"Being better doesn't matter if we don't win," he sighed.

"Maybe not but it shows you fought, you fought hard, and it may not mean anything to the rest of the world, but it means the world to your fans and they're the people you should care about," I said.

"You're wonderful you know," he smiled.

That caught me by surprise.

"Wha-uh," that's the best I could come up with.

He laughed. His laugh warmed me in ways nothing ever could. The distance between us was almost non-existent. He leaned forward and I closed my eyes. His lips met mine. Slow and soft at first. It was perfect. When we finally pulled apart he was smiling. That damned smile.

"Now go in there and be the leader we all know you are," I grinned.

A/N: How do you dominate Barcelona, pocket Messi and still lose 3-0 at home? Same story in the next game. Dominate and lose out to one moment of brilliance. I'm devastated but I don't blame the guys because they did everything they possibly could. I love them.
Peace and Hala Madrid