Chapter 5: Close your eyes and listen carefully.

Days and nights were full of reflexion and responsibilities for Oliver. The cult had taken a new path and it meant a lot more work.

The wave of newcomers had been quite unexpected, and it didn't ease the burden off of the leader's shoulders. Victoria was doing her best, but there were things that she simply couldn't do.

Everyday, Oliver would give big conferences with a bunch of his followers, answering the questions turning inside their now perfectly submissive minds, or attend meetings about how they could grow even bigger.

You could think that it is nonsense, that a man who would barely get up from his chair to eat before would now be dedicating his life to control others

And indeed, it was nonsense. Oliver had lost himself, trapped inside of his cult leader character. He was nothing alike the big-hearted beggar that only sought for peace and happiness he once was.
He was a fierce, prideful looking man, inspiring control and respect, and yet charismatic and convincing enough to attract people to him.

He had become his own weapon.

But responsibilities are hard to handle, and he was growing more tired.
A man, even with the greatest determination, couldn't take charge of such a huge organization alone, and Victoria, despite all of her efforts, couldn't make it easier for him.

Nevertheless, the fact he was tired mattered very little to him.

The leader he was now was not any similar to the one he was before.
He was not only the charismatic figure of the cult anymore.

He was its heart.

Without Oliver, it was all over.

Also, he didn't want rest or peace anymore. He wanted power. He wanted control.
And nothing, not even his own exhaustion, would stop him.

The leader was adored by everyone, almost worshipped

The leader was adored by everyone, almost worshipped. He was playing with them like puppets, and yet they couldn't help but see him as this protective, God-like figure.

He was the King.
But the King was becoming a tyrant.

But what he didn't know is that every tyrant ended up falling, consumed by the flame of their own pride.