Part 3

"For today's public tournament, only out new members will participate-" Rin said. "Rin-Chan Hibiki-San!" I heard a familiar voice yell in the distance. It was Nagisa. "Um, in short we want inexperienced members to get a better feel for the competitions here." I said. "That will be all." Rin finished. "Yes!" The rest of them said.

"Come on your race is about to start!" I said to a new team member. "Hey! Isn't that your 5th granola bar? You shouldn't be eating that much!" I said. I rubbed my temples. Dealing with new members is harder than I thought. Rin was swimming in this competition while I kept everyone on task. Lucky.

I was running around the bleachers, watching everyone closely. I looked at the heat she then back at the huge board on the wall. Oh! I lost track of time! "Everyone! Captain Matsouka is swimming! Cheer loudly!" I yelled. I then remembered the huge box I had to heave up here. "Here! Everyone take one! These are yours to keep!" I said throwing around megaphones to everyone. I looked down and saw Rin stretching. He and Haruka were in neighboring lanes, so that meant that Rin wanted to win a lot more. "Rin!" I shouted when He and Haruka got up on the blocks. "Ready." The announcer said. Then the whistle blew. "Okay everyone!" I started to yell trough my mega phone. "Repeat after me!" "Yes!" They all said. "Swim!" I shouted. "Swim!" They repeated. I looked down at the race, still cheering. Rin had just pulled ahead of Haruka. Rin then had just turned at the wall, Haruka shortly following behind. "Last spurt, last spurt, last spurt!" I yelled. "Last spurt, last spurt, last spurt!" The ten repeated. Now Rin was going significantly faster then Haruka.But then Haruka started to speed up! He was catching up to Rin! Now they were neck and neck. You couldn't tell who touched the wall first. I looked at the biard and saw they tied. I smiled. "The swimmers in lanes 4 and 5, Nanase Kun and Matsouka Kun, have just set a tournament record." The announcer said. I couldn't help but jumping up and down. I then turned to my team. "Nice cheering everybody!" I yelled. I then looked back down at Rin and Haruka. Haruka was giving Rin a high five. It made me so happy. I was so glad that we could finally swim together without any problems. I could feel tears of joy well up in my eyes. "Are you okay Captain Ibuki?" I turned around and saw a group of new swimmers. "I'm fine! Hey, doesn't one of you have a race soon?" I asked. "Oh! I'll go down right away!" One of the boys said.