Chapter 11

Meliodas sighed as he walked into school, today would be so boring without Elizabeth, but he had to check on the others. He made is way down to Diane's locker and waited impatiently for her to show up. "Honestly where is everyone today, isn't king usually here by now?" He though aloud as he checked the time. "Maybe they're late" he shrugged as the final bell rang. He walked to class and sat down in his usual spot. As the school day continued, he couldn't find any of his friends. It wasn't odd for one of them to miss a day or two but all of them gone on the same day was just weird.
Meliodas frowned as the last bell of the day rang, he grabbed his phone and called Hawk.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hawk, listen, none of the sins were here today. I'm a little worried so I'm going to go check up on Diane. I'll be back soon!" Meliodas explained and then hung up before Hawk could say anything. He started towards Diane's house with a sigh, trying to think of what could have kept all of the sins from school on the same day. As he started walking up Diane's street he noticed something felt off. All of the houses were dark, there were no other human beings in sight, it was all far to quiet for his liking. When he got to the base of the driveway, he noticed that the front door was wide open. Hesitantly, Meliodas creeped up the front steps and peaked his head inside.

The house was chaotic, furniture was turned over and Diane's personal belongings were all over the place. "Diane?" He called out, his voice echoed inside of the empty house. He stepped inside and ran up the stairs to Diane's bedroom "Dia-" he paused, staring at the door. Carved into Diane's bedroom door was a cross on a shield. He quickly opened her bedroom door but found the room empty. He ran through the house, searching every room for his friend but found nothing. Eventually he returned upstairs, he snapped a picture of the symbol with his phone before leaving the house.

A quick search of Ban and King's house showed a similar scene. Their houses were a wreck, like someone had been searching for something and on one of the doors was the same symbol of the cross on the shield. Meliodas returned home late feeling troubled.

"Meliodas?" Elizabeth said, sounding worried. He looked up, she was standing at the top of the stairs looking down at him in concern. "Did you find them?" She asks hurrying down the stairs towards him.

Meliodas shook his head miserably "no, Elizabeth I think they might have been taken" he said as he showed her the pictures that he took.

Elizabeth gasped as her eyes started to water "this- this is all my fault" she whimpered and Meliodas looked over at her.

"What? Elizabeth thats crazy you aren't to blame for this" Meliodas told her softly as she started to cry.

"Yes I am" she sobbed "The people who took them are probably the same ones who kidnapped my father and my sisters, the same people who are looking for me. If I had just gone with them- maybe- maybe Diane and everyone would still be here"

Meliodas hugged Elizabeth softly "maybe" he admitted "or maybe they would have taken them anyway and Hawk and I would be on our own." He reasoned. "I'm glad you're safe Elizabeth and we're going to find them, together. I promise"

Elizabeth looked down at Meliodas and nods a little as she calmed herself down. "Okay."

[Surprise I'm not dead!]