Part 10

Characters: reader, James (Bucky), Margaret (oc), Caleb (oc)

Summary: As a single mom with a jerk of an ex-husband, you're doing your best to run the family business all on your own when your mother hires a mysterious man with a troubled past to help out. He just might be what you need in your life, but will his secrets bring you together or tear you apart? (Events occur shortly after Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

Warnings: Soooo much fluff, you guys!! Domestic Bucky is literally the dream *swoon* :)

Word Count: 4.5K

A/N: You guys!! Thank you so much for your support and love and comments!! I know it's been a while since I've posted and I'm so appreciative of you all. I hope you're ready for an amazing amount of fluff and domesticity! *heart eyes* I'd love to hear your though

__________________________

"Hey, Y/N?" you heard James holler up the stairs while you were getting ready for the day. "Where's the grocery list?"

You leaned out of your bedroom through the doorway and shouted back. "In my bag on the desk, I didn't want to forget it this time. Something you want to add?"

"I just used the last egg and we're low on milk," you heard him reply.

"Okay," you shouted one more time before returning to the bathroom to finish taming your hair.

Catching the grin on your face reflected in the bathroom mirror, it stretched even wider as you thought back on the past few weeks since James moved in. There was an adjustment period, of course. It had been years since a man had lived in the house and James was timid at first, so much so that he was afraid to leave a trace of himself anywhere. All he had retrieved from his home that Wednesday night had been a small duffle bag with all of his clothes and a few notebooks. He was almost afraid to get comfortable, so sure that the situation would be temporary because of something he might say or do, causing you to send him packing.

Nothing of the sort happened, and never would if you had anything to say about it, but still, he kept everything in his small duffle at first. After a few days, you finally convinced him to use the two dresser drawers you had set aside for him and now a razor and masculine-smelling soap lived in your shower, a second toothbrush sat by the sink, and a pair of boxers were draped over your clothes hamper. It was all those little things that brought a smile to your face every time you spotted one of his possessions.

Caleb thought it was the greatest thing ever to have James in the house to pester at all times. James was unendingly patient and never minded having the young boy's attention on him. In fact, he seemed to revel in it.

As for your mother, she couldn't get enough of having a 'big strong man' in the house who could lift anything or reach the top shelf for her at the drop of a hat. You told him he didn't need to be at their beck and call, but James liked feeling useful and was happy to help.

And when it came to sharing your bed with a man for the first time in many years, well...you had never been so happy to be so sleep deprived. Shifting in bed and feeling his strong arm pull you into his side was one of the most amazing feelings ever. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, however. On one or two occasions, James had jolted up in bed and leapt to the floor in a defensive crouch before he realized where he was. Other times, if he didn't wake at first and seemed lost within the dream, you now knew not to try and wake him and instead avoided physical contact while speaking calmly until he awoke.

James was always overly apologetic about waking you and he offered to sleep elsewhere in the house, but you flat out refused. He was worth losing sleep over, in any way, shape, or form. James was becoming all you could have ever asked for in a partner and the swiftness of it scared you a little. Being attached to someone always came with the fear of losing them. When those thoughts surfaced, you immediately pushed them aside, knowing how lucky you were to have this wonderful man in your life.