39: Nightgown

The second Natara steps out of the bathroom after changing into her nightgown, Mr. Vice's olive eyes settle upon her.

He asked if he could look. She said yes, but she hadn't realized how much he was going to look. 

His gaze traces every curl in her hair, every inch of her exposed shoulders, arms, and legs, and it looks so hungry. He'd said a few times now that he needed her, but right now Natara can see it in the way his teeth grit and his lips part - in the way he inches forward on the bed and his fingertips twitch like he can't stand waiting another second to reach out and pull her into him.

In the time she was in the bathroom changing, Mr. Vice had changed clothes, too. He wears only a pair of tight black and red checkered boxers and a sleeveless shirt. Natara glances away nervously, not used to seeing him wear so little.

"Um, could you, maybe, put something more on?" She mumbles. The words come out so quietly that she almost doesn't even hear them. Mr. Vice raises his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asks, his tone playful. Her face flushes. Mr. Vice stands up, approaching her slowly.

"B-Because," she stammers. She doesn't want to say it's because she can see his lean, strong arms and firm chest around the slight fabric of his sleeveless shirt. She doesn't want to admit it's because she's having a hard time keeping her eyes from sinking downward.

Natara doesn't know really much of anything about the male body. She hasn't ever looked at anything lewd and she's definitely never seen anyone before. But this handsome older infuriating multimillionaire wearing just boxers makes her feel curious.

"Wow. Did you forget I'm your boss? My eyes are up here," he teases. He brings his fingers up to the underside of Natara's jaw, twisting his fingertips lightly against her dark skin. "Weren't you the one saying this was an inappropriate type of relationship?"

She doesn't have a good response. She was guilty of looking and he was right. She had told him that. Embarrassed, tries to focus on something else, so she looks into his eyes. They're a deep shade of olive green and hundreds of tiny blue-green flecks line his pupils. She tilts her head as she looks at them and Mr. Vice tilts his head in response.

"You know, you've really grown on me, as irritating as you were that first night I met you." His voice comes out like a whisper, brushing against Natara's lips.

"Have I?" Natara feels so different from the bluffing stubborn girl she was that night on the bridge. Being around Mr. Vice makes her feel a lot of things she hasn't felt before. Ever since the first night they met he's brought out parts of her personality she didn't even know she had. He's brought out...feelings she didn't know she'd ever have, too.

"You have." He trails his fingertips down her neck and to the strap of her nightgown, twisting it around his finger for a few moments. He looks away but his gaze isn't distant, it's just thoughtful. He glances back at Natara. "You told me I could touch you in this. Did you mean it?" 

"Yes." Her voice comes out more confident than she expects. Maybe even a little desperate. His fingertips send shivers through his body just as they delicately trace her shoulder.

"Are you sure? I don't think that's a very appropriate thing for a boss to do to his secretary." He grins, tracing his fingers up and down her arms. "Actually, there are a lot of things I'd love to do to you tonight that might not be so appropriate. Maybe you should get that second room."

Natara raises an eyebrow and then her mouth drops open even further when she realizes what he's getting at. Her face flushes and she backs away, bee-lining toward the door like she did in his office.

But when she reaches the handle she stops. Mr. Vice hasn't moved, he just watches her curiously. Natara doesn't know exactly why she stops as she looks down at her hand frozen on the door handle. If she leaves now, will that mean she's turning him down? Does she like him? What does she want? 

His green eyes are piercing as he stares back.

"You're staying?" His eyebrows raise and he steps closer, moving cautiously as if he thinks she might change her mind and dart out the door.

When he reaches her he gently pulls her hand from the doorknob and draws her into an embrace. As always, the scent of his aftershave is clear up close like this and she finds herself relaxing into all of the familiarity. 

He places two fingertips on the bottom of her chin and brings her head up slowly, until their lips are level.

"How about this? We won't do that, even though I'd love to." He whispers, his soft breath trickling over her lips. "Don't you worry about anything and just let me spoil you tonight." 

One of his hands slides down the back of her neck and his other hand tightens against the small of her back, pressing their bodies tightly against one another. She thinks that he's going to bring his lips to meet hers but instead he raises his head, pressing gentle kisses along her forehead, eyes, and down her cheeks, until he finally reaches her mouth.

His soft lips press against hers. She sinks into the feeling, not realizing before how much she'd been missing it since the other day. How much she needs to feel him.

He trails down from her lips to her neck, nibbling and sucking here and there, until he reaches her shoulder and glances up at her. He gives her a look that implies how badly he wants to tear off her nightgown but he doesn't. 

Instead, he delicately pushes her back onto the bed and kisses from her knees upward.

When he reaches the top of her thighs Natara shivers, looking down at him. Another grin teases at his lips.

"May I?" He asks, pressing his lips against the highest part of her inner thigh.

Natara's bright red face and trembling body must give away how absolutely new all of this is to her, but despite the nervousness she feels she wants to feel it. She wants this to happen. 

Scared her voice will betray how terrified she is, she forces herself to nod.

"Close your eyes and relax," his soothing voice tells her as he lifts up the bottom of her nightgown.