4

Lina spent the next few days being followed around by Hyuck, him flirting with her every chance he got. She tried to sit and talk to him about what was going on, but as expected, he found ways around answering her questions.

She was starting to think Jaemin was right about prom, because every time someone brought up the subject, Hyuck would immediately turn to Lina and give her an expression that she couldn't understand.

Of course she wanted him to ask her to prom, but she wanted him to do it. She expected that if it took him this long to do it, he was either not going to do it at all or do it in some grand way.

She couldn't let her thoughts get the best of her though, so she tried to avoid thinking about it as much as possible. She walked into school Monday morning of the next week, dragging from her lack of sleep the night before.

She had been up all night studying for an English midterm, so her mom had stayed home to let her sleep and drop her off at school the next morning. Mark had texted her when she didn't show up at her house, and then again when Hyuck complained about her not being at the bus stop.

She was on her way to her locker, rubbing her makeup-less eyes when something caught her attention. Hyuck was standing on the left side of the hallway, his back faced to her, hovering over a girl at her locker.

They both had smiles on their faces, Hyuck with his flirty smile on. Lina felt a twinge of jealousy, but chuckled irritatedly and kept walking to her locker.

She gathered her books out when suddenly someone was standing next to her, leaning against the locker next to hers. She turned and smiled lightly when she saw Mark's cheerful face.

"Good morning," he said. "Looking a little down, are we?"

Pissed off about what had just happened, Lina acted impulsively. "You wanna go to prom with me?" she asked as she slammed her locker shut, making Mark jump. Hyuck, who had been making his way over to them once he saw her, stopped dead in his tracks.

"I-uh-You wanna-Huh?" Mark stuttered. He made eye contact with Hyuck, bringing someone's presence to Lina's attention. She turned to see him and then faced Mark again, her expression emotionless.

"You can think about it. I'm not in any rush," she said before walking past him to her class. Mark was left leaning against the locker, his mouth open and his eyes searching for somewhere to look to avoid Hyuck's eyes.

Hyuck chuckled angrily and bit his lip. "I guess you win," he said to Mark before walking away.

"I was never in the game!" Mark shouted after him. "I was never-," his voice dropped as he leaned against the locker. What in God's name just happened?