7

Lina stood in front of the mirror, her stomach in knots as if someone had braided her intestines. Her long silver gown fell to her feet, just revealing a small part of her silver heels. Her hair was braided and then pulled up into a bun, her makeup done lightly and perfectly.

She took a deep breath before grabbing her purse and opening the door. Her mom had called up to her about five minutes before when Hyuck arrived, but her nerves kept her from going downstairs when she called.

"Yes sir, I promise I'll take her home right after prom, no funny b-," Hyuck's voice trailed off as he watched Lina come down the stairs. His mouth went dry and he swallowed hard, her parents turning around at his reaction with smiles.

"Oh my god stop looking at me like that, you're making me blush," Lina said, hiding her face. She reached the bottom of the stairs and Hyuck stood in front of her, removing her hand from in front of her face.

"God you're gorgeous," he mumbled. She smiled up at him, the butterflies in her stomach going crazy.

"Okay, pictures and then we'll send you off!" Lina's mom said. Without a fight, Hyuck and Lina took a few pictures and then headed out, Lina's face dropping when she got outside.

"Shut up," she muttered at the sight of the limo. He chuckled to himself.

"You like it?" he asked.

"You're so extra. I love it." She placed a kiss on his cheek and they got in the limo, holding hands and talking the whole ride there. Once they arrived, Lina was surprised to see just how many limos arrived to the school, laughing at all of the people getting out of them.

They walked in and Lina's eyes searched the room, immediately finding their friends. "Oo! Come on," she intertwined her fingers with Hyuck's and pulled him over to the group. "Hey!" she said enthusiastically as they approached the group.

The boys turned around with smiles. "Lina-," Mark started, knowing her voice. "Woah..." His eyes followed the trace of her body, Jeno and Jaemin's doing the same next to him.

"Woah, Lina, you look hot!" Jaemin said. Hyuck's eyes went wide as Lina's cheeks turned red.

"Hey, watch it. She's mine," Hyuck said. Lina giggled as a new song came on, one of her most recent favorite songs. She tugged on his arm.

"Hey, let's go dance," she said.

"I don't wanna dance," he argued.

"I want to."

"So go dance."

He let go of her hand and instead of getting upset about it, Lina smirked at him and walked over to the dance floor, finding some girls she knew to dance with.

She danced with them for a few seconds before hands found their way to her hips and spun her around. Hyuck stood in front of her with a smile, removing his hands from her hips but dancing along with her.

"I knew you'd dance with me," she said. He grinned.

"How was I supposed to let my date dance with other people?"

Lina rolled her eyes with a chuckle. The two of them danced and ate and had a good time for the next hour or so, the night everything they imagined it to be.

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back," Lina said to Hyuck while they were seated at a table. He stood up when she did, making her turn to look at him. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm coming with you. I'll hold your bag outside."

Lina was going to tell him to stay, but she thought about how she didn't see this soft side of Hyuck very often, and took advantage of the moment.

She handed her purse to him before walking into the bathroom, leaving him outside. She did what she had to do, and once she was washing her hands, Sooae walked in wearing a blue skintight dress, her hair down in loose curls with heavy makeup.

"Hey," Lina greeted her, a smile on her face. Sooae looked up over at her, pulling some makeup out of her bag to do touchups.

"Hey!" Sooae exclaimed with joy. "Oh that makes sense, I was wondering why Donghyuck was sitting outside with a purse in his hands. That's so cute that you guys made up. When he asked me to prom I was so confused because I knew he liked you. I'm glad everything's worked out now though."

"He asked you to prom?" Lina asked, her eyebrows slightly raised.

"Oh yeah, you didn't know? I said no immediately because I knew it was bullshit and he threw a little fit. I see it all worked out in the end though," Sooae answered, still smiling.

Lina faked a smile back, a small chuckle coming from her throat. "Yeah, thanks. I don't want to keep him waiting too long. I'll see you later."

She left the bathroom to see Donghyuck smiling at her when she came out. "Well hello my stunning girlfriend," he said.

"You asked Sooae to prom?" she asked suddenly, surprising even herself in the process.

"You asked Mark to prom," he answered.

"Yeah but that was only because you wouldn't tell me what you wanted and I was upset..."

"Well I was upset too. She said no anyway."

"What if she hadn't?" Lina asked. "What if she had said yes? Would you have taken her instead?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Lina took a deep breath, leaning her head against the wall. "I don't know what to do with you," she said.

"Nothing, I thought this fight was over."

"But clearly it's not," Lina said. "We just keep fighting. About everything."

"But that's what we do!" Hyuck argued with a laugh. "We fight! That's what makes us, us!"

Lina shook her head. "Maybe I'm tired of fighting. Maybe after tonight we should just-I don't know. I'm gonna go back in there."

She gestured towards the room where the party was being held, turning to walk through the door. When her hand touched the doorknob, her other was being pulled on, dragging her back in the other direction, right into Hyuck's grip.

He smashed his lips onto hers, pushing her up against the wall. She wasn't sure if she wanted to stop it or not, but her body was in control more than her mind was, kissing him back. He moved from her lips to her jawline, down to her neck. She shivered in response as usual, making him chuckle.

"Tired of fighting my ass," he breathed hot air on her neck. "You love it and you know it."

"If we do this after every fight I'll love it even more," Lina moaned out. Hyuck smirked into her neck, bringing his lips back up to hers, grabbing her butt to lift her against the wall, her legs wrapped around his torso. Her fingers gripped at his hair, her light tugs only making him want more.

The door to the bathroom suddenly swung open, Hyuck softly but quickly dropping Lina to her feet and throwing himself across the hall from her, nodding in her direction.

"Yeah, so I was thinking pizza after this," he said nonchalantly, running his fingers through his hair. Sooae smiled at the two of them.

"Aww, you guys are so cute, going on a date after this. Enjoy!" She walked back into the other room, leaving the two of them to laugh hysterically in the hallway together.

Hyuck walked back over to Lina, their eyes meeting each other's. He put a hand on her cheek, the other falling to her hip. "Don't ever threaten to break up with me again. Or else."

"Or else you'll do that again? Okay I promise I won't threaten to break up with you...until we're back in the limo later." She winked at him and turned, opening the door to the other room.

"You're a psychopath," Hyuck told her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I love it."