The Move

"Hey, guess you must be busy? I just landed in LA and wanted to let you know there were no bombs on the plane. I'm hailing a cab now to get to my new apartment, I'll send a text once I'm there. Love you."

I hung up my phone, stuffing it into my brown leather purse. My parents bought a furnished apartment for me, so all I needed were clothes and other essentials. I figured after unpacking I'd go to the store to get any bathroom stuff I needed.

"Taxi!" I yelled, making sure to keep a firm grasp onto my luggage and purse. I didn't trust big cities, hell I barely trusted my small town back in South Carolina. Things sure are gonna be different.

Finally, a yellow car pulled up beside me. The man stepped out, surprisingly very nice and helping me with my luggage. "Where to?" He asked once everything was put up. I held out the slip of paper my parents gave me, and he only smiled as we began our journey.

~~

"Thank you!" I yelled to the man as he drove off. I looked at my four things of luggage, then looked at the stair case. I was in number 206-B, which could only mean stairs. And by the looks of it, I'm not seeing an elevator. Though, I do have to say the buildings are really nice. There were literal tons of apartments, and the cars outside were really nice.

Oh crap, I'm gonna have to get a car.

Sighing, I took notice of the building with the letter B on it, and made my way towards the stairs. A sign posted next to them listed that each hundred was based on a floor, so that means I need to go up two flights of stairs. Man, I'm glad I at least put on some comfy shoes.

~~

"204...205...206!" I cheered as I finally found my door, letting my tired legs collapse under me. Panting, I dug through my purse in search of the room key, a pit forming in my stomach when I began coming up short handed.

"Oh my god i forgot to talk to the owner!" Groaning, I tossed my purse down and ran my tired fingers through my hair. I was so exhausted, and I was about ready to just give up and take a nap right here.

But, that's when I noticed a white envelope slide from underneath my neighbors door. It was slightly pushed towards me, so I let my curiosity take over and I grabbed the envelope. There seemed to be some sort of object inside of it. Upon opening it, I quickly noticed a note, and the object was a key?

"What the hell.."

I opened the note, the handwriting was fairly neat, and the note was rather short.

Dear new neighbor.
Hi, I'm sorry that I cannot hand this to you face to face, due to my own securities. But, the owner told me to give this to you, due to the fact he will be away for the next few days.

P.s. Sorry for the noise

That was...weird...but, I'm home free!

"Thank you!" I cheerfully shouted to my neighbor. I saw the curtain in the window move slightly, and a tannish hand appeared, waving. This person was rather odd, but oh well. I'm just curious about the noise thing? I hope they don't throw wild parties every night.

Whatever, I needed to get inside. I jumped up, and finally unlocked the door to my new home. Flipping on the switch, I dragged in my luggage, and locked the door behind me just in case. Time to unpack.

~~

5 hours. Five whole hours of putting everything away, and moving around furniture to how I liked. I had just gotten out of the shower, when my phone lit up with a notification.

YouTube: New from Markiplier

Oh, nice! My favorite YouTuber. I took my phone to my room, and threw on some random pajamas. From there I laid on my bed, and began my small catch up on Markiplier videos I had missed.

Ah, Markiplier. I had high hopes of being able to meet him while I was living here. I couldn't tell you how much his videos had helped me through the years. He was funny, handsome, kind of a dork, selfless, generous and so much more. He was just amazing in every aspect. I could only dream to be able to be friends with someone like him.

I clicked on the video, Happy to see it was one of his longer ones. Three scary games, huh? Let's see how scary.

~~

The video was great, as always. Though, something kind of caught my attention at the end. He was saying his outro, but added in a minor detail.

"So, I received the news that someone has finally bought the place next door, so to whoever that is, I apologize greatly if I'm loud. The people who buy that place never stay longer than two months, so let's see if you can beat the record."

Huh, so he got a new neighbor too. I wonder who the lucky person is.

Now that I think about it, my neighbor was acting pretty weird, earlier. Refusing to show me their face, maybe they're just shy? I could make them something for helping me out earlier.

Ha, as if I can cook more than just ramen.

I could at least write a thank you note, back. So, that's what I did. I got up from my bed, and grabbed a pen and paper.

Dear Sir or Ma'am .

I wanted to say thanks for helping me out earlier, after a long flight and endless stairs you kind of saved me from more trouble. I was going to bake cookies or something, but then that would most likely result in the complex to burn down.

Maybe one day in the future I can offer to buy you dinner as thanks? I also hope that we can be able to become friends.

See you from the other side;
Y/n

There, that's not weird at all, right? Nah, they started off with the weird notes, maybe they'll appreciate it.

I took the notes and walked outside to where their door was. The air had a bit of a chill to it, but the LA night sky was truly remarkable. I'd have to star gaze another time.

I turned, and kneeled in front of their door. Gently, I pushed the letter underneath, then proceeded back into my own apartment.

Door locked, alarm set and everything in place, I could finally go to sleep.

Goodnight, LA.

~~

Bzzt Bzzt Bzzt Bzzt

"I'm up." I groaned, rolling over and shutting off my alarm. Beams of sunlight casted onto my floor through my window, making the room light up. Yawning, I got up and went to my kitchen in hopes that there were some cereal.

"First breakfast, then online job applications." I muttered a mental list, stopping in my tracks as I saw the wasteland of a kitchen.

"I FORGOT TO GO SHOPPING!" I yelled, whining as I ran to my room to get changed. I threw on a simple outfit of leggings and a tee-shirt, with sneakers and finally a hat. How could I possibly forget to go shopping? Am I that dumb?

"Geez. I don't even know where a store is. And I'm gonna have to walk." Groaning once more, I made my way to the door. The sound of paper crunching caused me to freeze, and look down to see a note.

"Oh?" Curious, I picked up the note and began reading it.

Dear Y/n.

Please, for the love of God, don't burn down the apartment. I have lots of things that are very valuable, and would like to keep. If I haven't scared you away by this time next month, then you're on for that dinner.

But I'll pay, because it'll be more of an apology for being a bad neighbor.

See you on the other side;
-The Neighbor

Hm, they won't even give me their name. Kind of rude, but whatever. I'd write them back after I got home.

I stepped out of my apartment, locked the door and made my way down the steps. I began making a list on my head of what to buy, and made my way to the store.

I wonder what my neighbor will be like, and who they are. They say they're gonna be loud and obnoxious, but so far everything seems alright.

So far.