One Month Later

"Still no luck on the job search?" My mom asked, as I sighed.

"Sadly, no. I've emailed a ton of different companies and even YouTubers, but no reply. I guess they don't want someone inexperienced. I think I bit off more than I could chew here."

"Don't say that, hun. I'm sure someone will snag you up. While you're there, make sure you get a hunky boyfriend."

"Mom." I groaned, and we both laughed. We said a quick goodbye, then hung up.

I stretched my tired arms, and opened my laptop for one last final check to see if anyone had replied. Sadly, none yet. But, I hadn't lost hope.

I looked through my list of youtubers, and let my cursor hover over Markiplier. I didn't email him, I was a little nervous to. What the hell, what could it hurt?

So, I found some sort of email, and began typing out some poor excuse on why I'd be a good video editor. Hey, from what I know I think he does his own editing, maybe he'd like that break?

"And, sent." I huffed, shoving away my laptop and walking to my kitchen. I made myself a quick bowel of cereal, and sat down on my couch to catch up on some of my shows. As I was eating, I saw my phone screen light up from the kitchen, causing me to groan.

"Whoever you are, you can wait until I'm done with my food."

I said, but curiosity got the best of me and I got up anyway.

I walked to the kitchen, setting down my cereal and grabbed my phone. I nearly threw it when I saw what the notification was.

1 new email from Markiplier

No, this is just some kind of prank. This isn't really mark. I found some wrong email and they're letting me know.

I opened the email, my breath caught in my throat as I read it.

Hello!
I have just received your email, and I am very interested in seeing the potential you could have. I want to meet up, and talk about work experience and how much of an asset you would be to my channel.
Would 6 at the coffee shop on Main Street work?
I look forward to it,
Markiplier.

He wants to meet me...today?! What time is it?! I looked to clock, seeing that it was just now three. I had plenty of time to get ready.

I can't believe I'm actually going to meet THE Markiplier!

~~

I was sitting in the Uber, pulling up to the outside of the coffee shop that Mark wanted to meet at. I took one last look at my outfit, making sure I looked okay. I wore a f/c cropped sweater, with a black skirt and some knee high boots. I left my hair down, and did a natural make up look. I didn't want to look like I was going on a date, so I just made a natural look.

I paid the Uber, and stepped out. I checked the time, seeing it was 5:58. I hope i don't seem weird being on time. Maybe I should have been early? I hope he doesn't think I'm weird.

I pushed my insecurities aside, and walked in. The shop smelled amazing, and made me instantly crave coffee. So I walked up to the counter and ordered myself my favorite.

"For here or to go?"

"For here, I'm meeting someone."

The barista nodded, and pulled up my total.

"Can you add a caramel frappe to that order and I'll pay?" A deep voice spoke out from behind me, as a tanned hand pushed a credit card on the counter. I turned to come face to face with Mark, who only grinned at me. "I assume you're the person I'm meeting about the job?"