Part 1

[Henry's POV]

I just got back from my most recent mission at a pizza place around the corner from my house, Pablo's Pizza. It was a messy fight. Lots of pizza thrown, I don't wanna talk about it. I opened the door to my house as quietly as I could and closed it. It didn't even make a sound. Go me, 10/10. I'm getting good at that. I turned around slowly, and there my family was, sitting on the couch, watching me creep in even though they were right there. In my defense, how was I supposed to know they were right there, then I'd look like an idiot sneaking back in? It was 2 in the morning. Why were they up?

"H-hey guys!" I said. "Why-why are you up?" I asked.

"Henry. Why were you out at 2 in the morning?" My mom asked.

"It's definitely not 2. It's like 9." I said, pretending to be unaware of the time. I looked at my watch and said "Oh, pfft, wow! IT IS 2 AM. Whew... I am plum tuckered, ima hit the sack." as believable as possible and began up the stairs.

"Henry," my mom said, not even looking at me. "We know you have a secret." She said.

"IIIIIIII dooooo?" I replied, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"You know," Piper began, "It's funny how Kid Danger," she emphasized that, "Just finished a battle at Pablo's pizza, and you just came home covered in pizza grease."

"I am?" I said, looking down at myself. "No I'm not." I replied.

"Your hair." She said.

"Ohhh, yeah, I was, uh, at... Jasper's house! Yeah, and we, had a pizza fight."

"That's funny," my dad said, "We called, they said you weren't there." Well, that took an unexpected turn.

"Heh, uh, they must've not known I was there." I said. "Once again, plum tuckered, goodnight." I hissed, starting up the stairs again.

"Henry." My dad said, his voice stern. I have never heard him this serious before. "Get down here." He told me. I had no choice. I walked back down and stood in front of them. "It's funny," he began, "that you left the house around 20 minutes before the battle started, and came back a few minutes after it ended."

"Did I?" I asked. "Whew, I didn't even know there was a battle tonight until you told me." I said. "Goodnight." I said, my voice hardening. This time, they didn't stop me.