Forgotten Memories

Sonic and his friends have brought an end to Eggman and Infinite's reign of terror. The world is free, yet still in disrepair... They have decided to recreate this world, rebuild it from the ground up. I, however, have something else on my mind... and I need to find answers, by any means. I know I can do it!

In hindsight, parting ways with Sonic might have backfired on me. He probably could've helped me out a lot... But he has his duties... He already does enough for the world, I feel that I need to do the same. I still need to be strong on my own. And I start by finding my forgotten friends... assuming they're still alive... I can only hope.

One thing I can say is that I've grown a lot since my days helping out Sonic. He taught me to be brave and fight for what's right. I've been training to be the best freedom fighter I can be. I'm done playing around; I want to get my friends and family back...

I searched Park Avenue right after leaving Sonic and Friends. I started with the most obvious place to check, my home in Park Avenue.

Even with all of the carnage that has happened, I can still remember the route to my house. I see my house over the horizon, and it's demolished... It's nothing but small walls forming a square with no roof. I run straight to it, not paying attention to anything else. Anticipation, as well as fear, builds up inside of me as I get closer. I'm at the house, and everything hits me at once. The numerous holes in the floor and walls from blaster shots, the discarded pieces of fabric likely from our beds, and, worst of all, a broken family portrait of me, my father, and my mother...

So much fills my head... Anger, hatred, but also despair and sadness... I walk closer to the portrait on the floor. I kneel down and pick it up. I stay, sitting on the ground, as I hold it close to my head. I start crying...

"How could they do this?! People are hurt, DESTROYED by what they did! They have no remorse for anything they do!"

... ... ...

I try to recollect myself. I try to convince myself that they are still alive. If I think they're not alive, then why would I continue searching for them? I take the picture itself out of the frame and put it in my pocket. I glance back as I was about to walk out of the door. One last look, this... this is why I need to find them... I can't let this happen to them again...

I grapple up to the rooftops to contemplate my next move. I had checked almost every inch of Park Avenue, so now what? Maybe Sonic would know... No... I need to do this on my own. I can't give up! While I was still sitting there in thought, two disgruntled jackals came into town. One of them looks to be about my height while the other one was shorter and little pudgy. They look really familiar, and not in a good way. They don't notice me, so I lay low.

What are you two doing here? And just then, my prayers were answered.

"This place is deserted... Where else could they be hiding?"

"Our boss is gone, do we really need to do this?"

"It will show our dedication to his cause! And he's not gone, he'll come back... I know it. And until he does, we have to find these guys!"

"You think these nobodies we're after will really help us?"

"Yes! They're good companions of one of the heroes of the rebellion! They would have added to their army if they hadn't gone into hiding after they slipped from our grasp. They're fugitives, high-class ones. Our boss will gladly reward us for returning them!"

I listen closely from the rooftops...

"Who exactly were they, again?"

"How could you forget?! It's only Mighty the Armadillo and his colleagues! You pea brain!"

"Who are you calling "pea brain," you big mouthed-"

I'm stunned! Mighty?! He's still alive! And his colleagues? My family?! Where have they been?! Where are they now?! They can't get away!

I act quick. I grapple the pea brain and I give him a good knock in the head before I throw him at the other one. Big mouth yells back saying, "You?! You're the kid who helped Sonic!"

"That's right," I say as I shove him against the wall of a building. "Where is Mighty?! Tell me what you know!"

"You've got bravery, kid. But that won't get you anywhere."

He grinned menacingly. Next thing I know, I got smacked on the side of my head and I was then pinned to the ground by his lackey!

"The boss will love to see you again! It'll be like a nice family reunion!"

I grapple the house behind me to slip out of their grasp. I sweep kick the short, pea brain and knock him out with one swift punch to the head like he hasn't had enough already. I swing a few times at the big mouth yet I come out worse for wear during the brawl between him and I. He claws my right cheek and kicks me in my chest up against a wall.

"No one here to save you, kid! You coming with me, dead or alive!"

He's about to claw me yet again as I grapple a weak brick structure from another building and collapse it on top of him. I jump onto him, sock him a few times on his face until I wrapped him up tight in my grapple hook line. He squirms for a way out with no success.

"Didn't your mother ever put you in your place?! Who do you think you are?!"

Enraged, I respond by saying, "I'm the same type of person that was separated from my friends and family, just like everyone else because of low lives like you and your boss! DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER!!!"

I punch his stomach as hard as I could. I don't want to get carried away just yet... "You will give me answers! NOW!"

He coughs out some blood from his mouth, still grinning saying, "Not a change, kid!"

I pull him over to the closest cliff I can find. I dangle him over the edge.

"Care to speak up now?!"

"N-n-never! I w-won't do anything for y-you!"

I can tell he's nervous. I toy with him. I start getting a little reckless and I swing him back and forth smashing him against the wall and pretending to lose my grip. Anything to make him talk. And eventually, he did...

"OKAY! OKAY! PLEASE STOP! We haven't found Mighty here! We were planning on going to the Luminous Forest area next! After that, we'd try the Guardian Rock! There's a chance you'll find him there! Just let me go! PLEASE!!!"

I pull him back up. He's quivering in fear. I can't help but pity him... I throw him over by his comrade and I cover both of them with a lone steel beam to keep them from going anywhere.

"If you see your boss, tell him that I'm far from finished..."

I have what I need. There's still hope! I zoom off towards the Luminous Forest, without a care or second thought in my head. I couldn't help but wonder if there were more guys like those two that were out looking for anyone to capture. I hope they haven't hurt a single soul... If I find any one of them doing anything terrible, they will regret it. I will find my friends... but my journey has only just begun...