Demons

I feel light headed... I feel cold... I see darkness which turns into a light... It all happens at once as I come to. My eyes open up slowly. I lift up my head slightly to see only a sandstone wall and to feel the sand floor. My head keeps on spinning from the smallest gestures I make. I eventually sit myself up on my knees. I place my palm on my head in a measly attempt to ease the pain. I look to my sides and I don't see Mighty anywhere. I turn around to see a metal door with a small window on it. I take another look at the walls and I notice only two open holes with steel bars barricading them off. My head hurts again, it's just as painful as it was when it was first struck by that bandit. "He got me good... Knocked me out flat with one punch..." My mind goes blank for a while until I walk up to the door and knock on it, hoping for some sort of reaction, anything at this point. I knock, nothing happens... "Hello?" I call out. "Anyone there?" No response... Not even Mighty saying anything... I'm isolated... I'm reminded of when I was alone after my parents were taken away, and I had nobody... All of those depressing thoughts come rushing back into my brain. I slouch against the door onto the floor. I bury my head in my arms and legs. I start sobbing, quietly as if I have some reputation to protect while I'm imprisoned. Who am I kidding? I'm still young... They're gonna think I'm a shrimp anyway... It doesn't matter if I cry out my soul to them or not, they'll do anything to mentally destroy me... I wonder if my parents are suffering this alongside me right now... I have to get out... somehow... with Mighty.

"Hey! Get up!"

My whole body stutters as I hear his voice. I slowly get up and look at him through the tiny window on the door. He's a raccoon with the same clothes as the crow from before, minus the fedora. His bright blue eyes stare menacingly at me as if I need to say something. I stay silent.

"Heh... you're not the only one to give me the silent treatment. I've seen it all from guys like you and your friend."

I stand perfectly still, angry, trying to restrain myself from doing something I might regret...

"...I thought you'd be a bit more exciting and resistive, but whatever... It makes my job easier."

He opens the door and signals me out. I comply and he cuffs my hands together behind my stomach. He grabs the chain of the cuffs and pushes me forward towards a staircase. We come up the stairs as we stumble into what looks like a courtroom but without the front desks and tables for the judge, defendants, and the jury. It's packed with bandits in each individual seat. It was noisy and infuriating to hear all of the insults thrown at me, yet my attention wasn't on them... Mighty was at the front of the room, chained to the wall by his arms... It was appalling to look at... I was enraged, yet confused simultaneously... Are they going to torture him? I'm filled with anticipation but in a very scared way.

We walked closer to the front where the crow from earlier was waiting. He turns around and looks me in the eyes. I exchange an agitated look back at him, he just gives off a smug smile.

"Hear, hear! Settle down!"

Everyone stops what they're doing and focus their attention to the front of the room.

"We have more trespassers within our grasp, yet again! Our armadillo," he says as he points his hand to Mighty, "and his friend, the wolf!" He pulls me in with his arm on my shoulder grinning a devious smile. I give a stern look back at him. My mouth stays shut. "We all know about his service to the people who gave us our freedom to pillage and destroy anything we please! And we are eternally grateful!" He bows to me along with every other bandit in the room. I stand, stone-faced, with nothing to add. "We'll make your trek to the heavens much more, luxurious than the others. You deserve it after all! We usually take the boring route with a blaster shot to the head, but we'll make yours last! Starting with your friend!" He turns toward Mighty and snaps his fingers. Two bandits start hitting him with slabs of sandstone. Another bandit came with a whip and was lashing it on Mighty. His screams could be heard throughout the room. It was horrifying...