REWRITE - Chapter 20

Alpha Geoff made the first move. He lunged through the air at Freddie. At the last second, Freddie jumped and rolled out of the way. He stood up in an instant and swiped at Alpha Geoff's feet. Geoff fell over but landed on his hands and quickly reacted by pushing himself up and propelling back onto his feet. Then Freddie started throwing punches rapidly.

Geoff tried to block the punches, but Freddie didn't give him a break and before anyone could blink, Geoff was back on the ground. He landed on his back and laid there for a second before giving a signal that meant he surrendered.

Freddie relaxed his shoulders and I sucked in a breath. Spencer noticed this and glanced at me, "what was that for?"

"We- I- Mu-" I started muttering to myself and it caught Libby's attention too.

"Are you okay?" She asked nervously.

I looked between my two friends and Freddie. Then I finally blurted out, "muscles."

Spencer smirked, "is the all mighty Tori out of words to say?"

I frowned, "I'm not taking this from someone who is too scared to ask out a girl."

Spencer's face went beet red and Libby looked away in embarrassment. After that, they left me alone. Alpha Martins fought Alpha Geoff's son next. This one went on longer and Alpha Geoff's son won. After that, there were four more fights between Alpha families, including Alpha Davis and Chad. Chad won his fight against Alpha Martins son.

After the alphas and their sons were all bloody, they started allowing them to call in subs for their fights. Freddie was a little beat up, but he had only been in two fights so he looked like he could keep going.

Freddie and Chad were chosen finally as the next two fights and Chad was super beaten up. The last fight he had lost. So he wasted no time in calling up a stand-in, it was one of his football friends. They had not hung out with him since he rejected me, but they willingly agreed to fight in Chad's place.

Spencer let out a sigh of relief, "oh thank god its not me."

Then the ref asked Freddie if he wanted to get a stand-in and he nodded his head, "I'm going to choose Miss. Tori." He made eye contact finally with me as he said it.

My stomach sank like a rock and my chest stopped moving. I held my breath until Spencer poked my arm and told me to get up. Freddie was walking towards me, he finally held out his hand to pull me up, "want to fight?"

I shakily put my hand in his and instantly felt the tingles again. This time they were more prominent and neither of us pulled away. "You want me to fight?" I whispered now that I was closer to him.

He smiled and nodded, "even though your not fighting Chad, he won't want you to get hurt so his stand-in will go easy on you - not that you need it."

"Are you sure?" He was now leading me to the middle of the field, everyone was staring at me.

"I am very sure." He answered and smiled at me, I was not confident in my fighting abilities but if he said it will be easy then I believe him. All my training to fight was done this summer with Monika and Michael's pack. I mean, sure I had learned a thing or two but I wasn't great.

"Okay then," I took a deep breath and looked over to Chad and his stand-in - Ross - who were looking at me with different expressions on their face. Chad with a furious glare and Ross with a weary grimace.

"Why her?" Ross had asked Chad.

Chad clenched his teeth harder and turned his glare to Ross, "hurt her and I'll kill you myself." This made Ross even more unsure of this fight.

"See," Freddie whispered to me, "it'll be easy as pie."

As a side note - this story will be 34 chapters long, I've written them all that's how I know. But you're all going to suffer through me uploading one chapter every weekday or every other day till the end because I'm evil. However, this story will end..... FINALLY!