The carnival

Sometimes a person's presence in your life becomes so familiar that no matter how much time you spend with them, it can never be enough......

While driving, I sense Mike staring at me. I try to focus on the road but his gaze makes me very self concious.

"You're distracting me" I finally say, glancing towards him.

"Really? I didn't even do anything" he says, the corner of his mouth pulled up in a smirk.

"Don't stare at me" I state, turning my eyes on the road.

"I'm just looking at the thing which caught my attention, no harm in that" he says

"I can get us killed" I say through gritted teeth, trying my best to ignore him.

"I'll be happy to lose my life to you" he says, acting seriously

"With me, not to me" I correct him

"Okay fine, I'll not stare at you" he says with a short laugh, but then his gaze starts to travel down my body, very slowly. Unable to focus, I pull the car in a corner and look a him.

"Why don't you first stare all you want and then we can go" I suggest

"That will be forever. I can never get tired looking at you" he says with seriousness in his voice and desire in his eyes. I open my mouth to say something but then drop the idea. I shake my head and start the engine again, trying my best to ignore his eyes travelling all over me.

..................................................................

I park the car near the entrance and we both get off. The carnival is beautiful. Filled with colours, people, the sound of their laughter, their shrieks, big awesome rides and so many games.

"It's wow" Mike says

"Yeah. Let's go" I say. Then I look at the crowd and hold out my hand for Mike to take. He takes my hand and interlocks our fingers.

"Don't let go" I say

"Never" he promises

Amidst the carnival is a different world entirely. We walk for some time, checking out the stalls and games.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Mike asks

"Can we go on the ferris wheel. I love it" I say, holding his hand in between both of mine and looking at him with puppy eyes.

"Sure" he says

We purchase the ticket and board our ride

We purchase the ticket and board our ride. We sit in a blue cart and then it takes us up, so high that I can see the whole city. I look at the beautiful scene and breathe in the fresh air.

"I see why you like it so much" I hear Mike speak. I turn to look at him and I'm once again captivated by his eyes. In the bright light of the day, they look much softer, their colour a shade lighter. I've never seen anything as beautiful as before.