Escaping the Kracken

Natalia's POV

"What did you do now Sparrow?" I demand as I go to the helm where he is steering.

"Nothing, besides we're now out of range" he states.

"They're giving up! Yay!" Marty cheers. Pintel and Ragetti start to dance. Will approaches Jack and I.

"My father is on that ship. If we can outrun her, we can take her. We should turn and fight" Will tells Jack. Who just places his jar of dirt on the rail while looking at Will.

"Why fight when you can negotiate? All one needs... is the proper leverage" Jack tells him. Suddenly the Black Pearl is badly jarred knocking the jar of dirt off of the rail. It fell to the deck below and broke scattering the dirt everywhere. Jack ran to it while I look around confused.

"We must of hit a reef!" Gibbs shouts. I go over to Elizabeth and look at the water with her.

"No. It's not a reef! Get away from the rail!" Will shouts pulling Elizabeth and I away from it.

"What is it?" we ask him.

"The Kracken" he states.

"To arms!" I shout going to the helm.

"All guns, defend the masts!" Gibbs orders.

"It'll attack the starboard. I've seen it before. Break out the cannons and hold for my signal" Will instructs.

"You heard him, move!" I shout and the crew does so. I go to get my rifle when something hits me in the back of the head. I fall to the ground and the last thing I see is Jack picking me up. Before I black out.

(Black Pearl) Third Person POV

The Kracken's tentacles slowly crawl up the hull. "Easy boys" Will tells the crew.

"Will?" Elizabeth says worriedly as she holds a spear.

"Hold" Will states as the tentacles feel around the ship.

"I think we've held fire long enough" Pintel tells him.

"Will!" Elizabeth shouts.

"Fire!" Will orders and the canons fired. The Kracken sinks into the sea, some tentacles glowing from the blast. "It'll be back. We have to get off the ship" he states.

"There's no boats" Elizabeth tells him looking at the destroyed longboats. Just then a barrel rolls past them.

"Pull the grates! Get all the gunpowder onto the net in the cargo hold" Will orders. Then hands Elizabeth a rifle. "What ever you do don't miss" he tells her.

"As soon as you're clear" she tells him and he leaves to prepare the crew. She looks around for her little sister and can't find her. When she looks out at the sea she sees a lone row boat rowing away from the ship. With Jack and an unconscious Natalia. "Oh you coward" she growls. Just then the Kracken attacks again as the barrels of gun powder is raised.

(Longboat)

Jack stops rowing and looks back at the pearl then at Natalia. He takes out the compass looking at the land. Before looking at the open compass. The arrow was pointing to the pearl and he sighs. Then starts to row back to the Pearl.

(Black Pearl)

Jack arrived and went to the helm. He stepped on a rifle and Elizabeth tried to remove his foot. Before she realizes it's him. He picks up the rifle cocking it while Elizabeth holds his legs. He aims for the net of barrels and fires as Will falls from it.

The bullet whistles through the air, strikes the gunpowder and rum, which explodes. The Kraken releases its hold, burned tentacles withdraw into the ocean, groaning sound. "Did we kill is?" Marty asks aloud.

"No, we just made it angry" Gibbs states. "Captain orders?" he asks.

"Abandon ship, into the long boat" Jack orders putting the rifle down.

"But Jack, the Pearl" Gibbs says.

"It's just a ship mate" Jack tells him.

"He's right, we have to head for land" Elizabeth states.

"That's a lot of open water" Pintel says.

"A lot of water" Ragetti agrees.

"We have to try. We can get away as it takes down the Pearl" Will states.

"Abandon ship, abandon ship or abandon hope" Gibbs tells them. While everyone starts to get into the longboat. Jack lingered to say goodbye to his precious Black Pearl. Elizabeth also stays.

"Thank you Jack, for protecting Natalia" Elizabeth tells him.

"We're not free yet luv" he tells her.

"You came back. I always knew you were a good man" she states. She passionately kisses him backing him into the mast. Where she chains him to it before pulling away. "It's after you, not the ship. It's not us. This is the only way, don't you see? I'm not sorry" she tells him.

"Pirate" he says smugly smirking at her. "Take care of your sister" he states as she leaves. She gets into the longboat and sits beside her now conscious sister.

"Where's Jack?" she asks confused.

"He elected to stay behind, to give us a chance" Elizabeth states. Natalia frowned, but didn't question her sister. "Go!" she shouts and Gibbs lets go of the rope connecting them to the ship. Pintel and Ragetti rows them away. When they stop at a safe distance they watched the Kracken drag the ship below the water. Before continuing their journey.

A/N

Video above of Kracken attack and gif on the external link of the Black Pearl being taken by the kracken.