Larry Stylinson- Can't Hide It Chapter 18

Niall stared down at the towel covered girl in his arms. "Umm, Lou? This girl has no clothes." Niall said, staring at Louis. Louis rolled his eyes and Niall set the girl down so Louis could lead her upstairs. He opened the door to his bedroom and Dakota followed him inside, her small brown eyes widening when she saw his room. "So pretty," She said to herself, making Louis smile as he dug in his dresser for an extra long T-shirt and some shorts she coud wear. When he finally found some, he turned around and she was gone. He looked around the room real quick and saw her staring at a picture on his nightstand. It was of him and Harry, which made him smile. "Is he your boyfriend?" Dakota asked and Louis' jaw dropped. How did she know about that?! "Ummm, yeah." Louis said, scratching his neck. "That's cute!" She said, smiling. He stared down at her, confused but his face just broke out into a smile. "Thanks Dakota." He handed her some clothes and she headed into the big bathroom, changing into them. When she walked out, Louis tried to hide his laughter. The T-shirt was down to her knees and she had to hold up the shorts because they kept sagging down. He chuckled as they walked back downstairs. Harry came in through the front door and Louis raised an eyebrow. "Where were you?" Harry sighed and dug down into the bag, then pulling out little girl clothes, which caused the boys to begin laughing. Harry groaned and just handed the bag of clothes to Dakota, who pulled out an outfit and ran upstairs to change. Harry plopped down on the couch, turning on the TV. "God, you do not know how many wierd looks I got while shopping for those clothes." Niall laughed and Liam just smiled while Zayn's eyes were glued to the TV. Louis rolled his eyes and sat down next to Harry, wrapping his arm around him. Harry shrugged away from him, making Louis give him a confused look. "Dakota," Harry said simply but Louis just smiled. "She already knows Harry. And she thinks it's cute!" Harry smirked, shaking his head. Dakota came running down the stairs in her new outfit: A pink top with a butterfly on it, blue jeans, and a pair of purple socks. "Harry. Is. Awesome!" Dakota said, slightly jumping up and down. Harry smirked and then was shocked when she ran up and hugged his legs. She pulled away and stared at Niall, Zayn and Liam. Louis saw her staring and introduced them, "Dakota, meet Niall, Zayn and Liam." Dakota shook their hands and climbed up onto the couch between Niall and Liam. Niall switched the channel to Disney Channel and Dakota watched the TV closely. She began to laugh and point out some of her favorite parts, making the boys smile. They thought she was the cutest thing that could've ever existed. "So Dakota, where are your parents?" Niall asked. The cheeky, laughing girl suddenly turned into a sad, depressed girl. She stared down at her feet then stood up and ran upstairs. Everyone glared at Niall who put a defensive look on his face. "What?!" Louis sighed and stood up, following the girl. Harry tagged along. They looked everywhere and finally opened a closet door to see her curled up in a ball, gripping 2 small pieces of paper in her hand. Harry stood at the doorway as Louis knelt down next to her. She looked up at him, rivers of tears flowing down her cheeks. Louis' breath caught in his throat and he hated to see her so upset. He looked at the papers; one was a photo and the other a note. Dakota tapped the photo, pointing at a woman. "Who's that?" 

"Mama, my mama." Dakota said, her voice cracking. "Where is she?" Louis asked softly. "H-heaven." Louis' heart skipped a beat. "Heaven with daddy." She said, pointing to the man in the picture. She then pointed to a small girl giggling inbetween the two adults. "Is that you?" Louis asked and Dakota nodded. Her hair stuck to her forehead, and she brushed it aside. She then spread out the note and Louis read: "Hey babygirl, we're leaving you with your Aunt Megan. We'll come back for you soon. Love you! ~Mommy & Daddy" 

"She said she-she would c-come back for me!" Dakota burst into tears once again and tears threatened to fall from Louis' eyes but he blinked them back, unlike Harry. He looked up at the curly-haired boy, whose eyes looked like Niagara Falls. "She never came back!" Dakota began to raise her voice and Louis saw that the others were standing behind Harry. Niall was silently crying while Liam and Zayn looked like they were trying not to. Louis turned back to Dakota and she looked up at him. "We're here and we won't leave you. You're safe here, Dakota." Dakota crawled into his arms and Louis finally let the tears spill out.